Wayne Krantz Keith Carlock Tim Lefebvre
header image 1
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flam rolls part II is up (Updated with part 3)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Houseofdrumming.com Forum Index -> Drumming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Holmes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Flam rolls part II is up (Updated with part 3) Reply with quote

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NoCfNR9iBg

And part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOC8yxNnG7I
http://steveholmes.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Steve Holmes on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DrDrum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Flam rolls part II is up Reply with quote

Steve Holmes wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NoCfNR9iBg
3 is coming in the next day or so.

Grreat stuff! A fun and impressive sounding phrase/lick/thing explained in a clear and inspiring way. Looking forward to part 3...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deseipel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, HOD t-shirt?
sevenoverthree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice clips Steve!

I'd like to see a little more elaboration about how to deal with flams that switch hands naturally when the normal single/double subdivisions are in place.

I know you said you didn't want to get into the technicalities or semantics of the ghost/accent thing- but just to address naturally occurring alternating patterns within this type of playing. Personally, I like using groupings of 4's like this, but they alternate with a single flam, whereas a 5 doesn't.
Miki C.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shirt i want one Mr. Green

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this one even better. Great apps!
Kurtis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like what goes on at about 4:24. you can open or close up(flam) the 6 stroke roll. it's the 6 stroke roll in reverse. i think i heard weckl or someone way back in the days introduce this to me. been playing it ever since.

keep em coming. nice editing. good flow to the lesson.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessssssssssssssssssss, great! I'll practice that!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
janne jansson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great and thanks

Steve!

You have become an even better drummer when i hear you today
comparing a couple of years ago..
A more loose/relaxed feel that i really like..
Is that from grooving older Happy or have you made a conscious move
towards this!

Just curios!

Janne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick video Steve. Right hand grip seems to have become a little higher up and open in some parts? Really liked that lick with the double pedal at the end!

Of all the licks out of your vids though, it's 5:14 to 5:17 here that i would love to know> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSwRpWj2cKo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Sick video Steve. Right hand grip seems to have become a little higher up and open in some parts? Really liked that lick with the double pedal at the end!

Of all the licks out of your vids though, it's 5:14 to 5:17 here that i would love to know> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSwRpWj2cKo

I think it's the same Gadd triplet thing the guy asked about on the last thread .... :)

RlRllR Rll

triplet reference, so with 9 notes it's "a beat and a half."

/LRI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool man! Thanks.
Phil T.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again! Great lesson.
Kurtis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the beginning of part 3. i never played that sticking before. thanks for showing me the blushuda sticking back in 94' and now this. it will be fun to lead that sticking with the left. time to get the pad out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to echo the sentiments on here, these vids are fantastic ... thanks Steve!

Once you've gone through them, may I suggest going back and turning on Closed Captioning via Google's audio->text synthesizer? It's riotous.

"Be careful with a mouthful, I don't know finals."

/LRI
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Houseofdrumming.com Forum Index -> Drumming Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: