Sting Soul Cages

Kurtis

Re: Sting Soul Cages

Postby Kurtis » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:02 pm

No matter what source you download from its the same trackers. It comes down to your ISP download speed. The country your in. Maybe your ISP throttles. Shit who knows.
matthughen

Postby matthughen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm

^You are correct of course and that would explain slow download speeds. However, that does not explain how users report seeing the wrong number of current seeders. THAT leads me to believe they are viewing the wrong torrent. I am currently seeding (with 14 others) and actively transferring at 300kb/s
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks for putting it up on dime. It downloaded fast for me.
Lucas Ives

Postby Lucas Ives » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 am

matthughen wrote:^You are correct of course and that would explain slow download speeds. However, that does not explain how users report seeing the wrong number of current seeders. THAT leads me to believe they are viewing the wrong torrent. I am currently seeding (with 14 others) and actively transferring at 300kb/s

If you're seeing the "wrong" number of seeders/leechers in your torrent client, it's possible you're only allowing encrypted peers.

Speed differentials are much more likely due to network address translation/firewall setup on your router than ISP throttling, it's very difficult to identify and then throttle p2p traffic (especially when encrypted).
matthughen

Postby matthughen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:47 am

whoah! I dont wanna pretend that I understand much of anything that you wrote, Lucas. I iz a barely competent internet surfer. Concepts and the effects of things like 'encryption' are automatically over my head. I suspect you are correct and appreciate all the input!

Return to “Drumming Chat”