Hex Rack II

drumnhands

Re: Hex Rack II

Postby drumnhands » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 pm

A little more on the subject. There is a nice short online review of HexRackII on DRUM! Magazine online. http://www.drummagazine.com/gear/post/y ... deo-review

The written version is out and MD's review is hitting soon. The Marketing dept. is launching an ad promo in MD inviting drummers to send in photos of their personal Hexrack system. The winner will appear on an ad with one of our artists featureing hexRack. There are some other cool things coming featuring the new system as well.

And to add, from our marketing Queen prudence: Follow us on Twitter, Show Us Your (hex)Rack, and be in an upcoming Yamaha ad in @moderndrummer!! find out how here: http://4wrd.it/SUYRMD #hexrack
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:08 pm

drumnhands wrote:Actually, the new version of HexRack is quite a bit less than the earlier version. A front rack w/ two CH-755 booms streets for $399.

So $400 for just the front bar? That makes for what $600 for a 2 sided rack? Definitely not a small purchase. 3 sided is going to run you 800-1,000 bucks or so?

Just guessing cause I can't find it for sale anywhere. Can't find any to check out in person at local drum shops, they are too pricey for them to stock (is what I'm told). GC said they won't be stocking anything high end yamaha, even for demo purposes. Apparently Pearl swooped in with some fairly extreme sales commission plan (again what I was told).
Randy Walker

Postby Randy Walker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:16 pm

any other negative remarks you care to interject troll?
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Randy Walker wrote:any other negative remarks you care to interject troll?

Really man? Questioning the prices of products in a constructive manor. Sorry my thinking doesn't fit into your sheep mentality. It's unfortunate you lack the capabilities to deal with opinions contrary to your own....

But you keep hacking away with that ad hominem, see where it gets you.
Flamaque

Postby Flamaque » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to decide between the Hex Rack II and the Gibraltar Rack.
I'm floating a 10" & 12" over the bass drum and a floating 15" for a floor.
On the Gibraltar I can hang the 15" without an additional leg for support.

Can you do that with the Hex Rack ?

Thanks.

FQ
Matus

Postby Matus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:14 am

I'd bet you can. I recall an option on the first HR catalog with that type of setting. The new clamps and bars are even stronger, so it can be done. However, with either rack you'll have a certain ammount of "floating" since you're lacking the extra support. The bars will hold, but the feel's just not the same.
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
circh bustom

Postby circh bustom » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:26 am

Flamaque, I have used a Gibraltor rack with the short curved arms for years. This past Sat I hung a 15" tom, an 18" Wuhan china and a 19" A medium crash off the right arm. Didn't budge at all. I have had the rack since '96 and it has never disappointed me at all. I can't speak for the Hex Rack though.
leedaviesdrums

Postby leedaviesdrums » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 pm

I use a Gibraltar rack and its never let me down!
but Matus this Hex Rack looks the nuts!!
Flamaque

Postby Flamaque » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks for the replies.
A friend gave me a GC400C Gibraltar rack to play with. It has the 24" side bars. I hung the 15" and a crash and it felt pretty solid.
I haven't seen a short bar option for the Hex Rack yet.
I'm a bit of a Yamaha-aholic so I'll see if the local Guitar Center will let me set up a Hex Rack to see how well it holds up.

FQ
Matus

Postby Matus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:12 am

The shortest bar in the Hex is the one I've attached the DTX to. I think it's the HXCP24II. Holds up pretty well, IMO.
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito

Return to “Drumming Chat”