Big Weckl announcement?

Paul Marangoni

Re: Big Weckl announcement?

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Anybody here who hasn't pledged at least the minimum (15$?) should get off their ass and pony up. Dave is one of the premier drummers of our time, and he's put a smile on our faces many times through the years. Come on people, step up to the plate.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:18 pm

I have 3 kids, I would love also to record my 3rd album, I'll do it when I'll be ready, soon I hope, without asking to some "fans" to put some money on it, I like doing stuff all by myself, and I'm REALLY sure that I have not Dave's income. ;-)

So yeah, I'm not planing to put any money on Dave's project, in fact I think that he should produce my album, but he's not the right guy for this anyway. :-)
My money goes to my family.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Rodge wrote:I have 3 kids

Okay, anyone who has no kids (espceially DINKs). :)

Rodge! Three kids? Holy cow! How the hell do you pull that off? I really can't imagine how difficult it must be for anyone with kids in today's world.

Anyway, as soon as your record is done, I'll be first in line to grab it. And I agree. This crowdfunding shit is annoying. I get it, but I don't like it.
Lucas Ives

Postby Lucas Ives » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 pm

If you're going to spend $15 to pick up the album when it comes out, might as well spend $15 now to help get it made (and get your money back if the project doesn't tip).

But for delayed gratification and stealing music (two things younger folks seem to have a problem with these days) we'd be all good. Although a 3% (= 27k/788 pledges) conversion rate ain't bad given the internets.

Go Orkin!
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Delayed gratification. Oh K. The end product will be the same regardless of money raised or profited later. Dave and Jay are obsessed professionals that will put out some amazing music. Delayed gratification? Kind of a paradox there. I know I can't have it NOW cause the product has not been created yet. Guess your getting at is invest now cause its gonna be great regardless if u pay now or later. I did. $15 bucks. I could wait years. I'm a huge Weck fan. I have everything he's played on. Quiz me. Hey man this invest to get great music out of great musicians is new to me. Since its Weck I'm IN!
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Kurtis wrote:I have everything he's played on. Quiz me.

Madonna's "Like a Virgin" record?
littlegrooves

Postby littlegrooves » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:Anybody here who hasn't pledged at least the minimum (15$?) should get off their ass and pony up. Dave is one of the premier drummers of our time, and he's put a smile on our faces many times through the years. Come on people, step up to the plate.

Thanks, but I already did get off my ass and pony up when I bought all his previous stuff that sounds the same as the clip in the promo. I consider myself ponied up, therefore.

Paul Marangoni wrote:
Kurtis wrote:I have everything he's played on. Quiz me.

Madonna's "Like a Virgin" record?

From what I know, Dave only did roto tom overdubs on some song. I ponied up for his roto toms and bought that album, too. I'm a big Dave supporter :D
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:44 am

littlegrooves wrote:From what I know, Dave only did roto tom overdubs on some song.

Yep >>>

Other early recordings include Madonna's 'Like a Virgin'...

Well, that has gotten blown way out of porportion over the years. I didn't play any drum set on that record at all. I just played some roto tom overdubs. I don't even know the tune it was. It was in 6/8, that's all I remember, so that was not a huge thing.

Source:
http://www.thedrumland.com/wcklintcd98.htm
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:35 am

I did not know that. I could have sworn that it was him on "Like A Virgin".
Matthijs Ament

Postby Matthijs Ament » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am

Weckl to me is way beyond 'many' drummers. Not only is he one [if not 'the'] of the greatest, most influential fusion drummers who ever lived, he's an awesome teacher as well. He took the world by storm when he came out with his first solo CD. Set a new standard. A true master artist, loved and hated. He even changed the way drums sound ... I have nothing but 'awe' and respect and love for this man. Even Vinnie took inspiration from his work. And then some....stellar live drum mix done by himself :)

Return to “Drumming Chat”