32nd Note Gadd ripoff

deseipel

Re: 32nd Note Gadd ripoff

Postby deseipel » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:45 pm

awesome video.
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Love 'em, Chris. Keep them coming when time permits. Thanks for doing these.
Tombo 7/4

Postby Tombo 7/4 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:10 am

That ripoff is a success!

chris perra wrote:I'm from Canada eh... haha Can't skate,.. so I play drums ;) haha
You may be the only canadian who learned to drum before skating. It's against our (hockey) religion... :shock:

I thought all little canadian boys like myself were born with skates in their feet. ;)

On a side note we might get our NHL team back! Our mayor decided to build a new amphitheater.
It's a shame that canadian cities got ripped off of their teams to expand the league to apparently big southern US markets.

Who cares about hockey in the desert of Arizona, Florida, Nashville, Georgia,...Places with no ice and snow where amphitheaters have more empty seats than people on hockey nights.
Most of the teams of that silly expansion are now on bankruptcy, league trusteeship and owners want to sell them back to Canada some 15 years later.
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Ha ha,.. You must be from Quebec city then... I grew up in B.C. lots of hockey going on there,. but I sucked at skating,.. Ya... It's kinda weird that the NHL is constantly chasing the U.S. T.V. market that will never be there.. Half the country doesn't have ice... They might as well try and put a team in Mexico or Brazil..
It's hilarious,.. I hope you guys and Winnipeg get your teams back.. I wonder how many Hod member that live in the southern states watch or care about hockey..

Tough loss today for Montreal,.. crushed by Calgary,,,, Calgary!!!!!... haha
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:55 pm

chris perra wrote:I wonder how many Hod member that live in the southern states watch or care about hockey..

I'm from Toronto. I used to referee with the NYHL (North York Hockey League - minor hockey). I also used to drive a Zamboni and manage a hockey arena part-time. I was a rink rat, and played all the time.

I have zero interest in hockey now. I think the game sucks now and the officiating is a joke. Until fighting is eliminated from the sport, it will never be taken seriously. So many problems with the whole hockey system it's not even funny. Actually very sad when you see hockey parents at the rinks and hear what comes out of their mouths.

Hockey, as a sport is incredible. It takes a LOT of skill. If they'd only follow the rules, it would be great. Maybe they need to follow the way they do it with soccer in Europe. The team that finishes last gets demoted to a lower league, and the top team in the lower league takes their place.

I was alive when Toronto won their last Stanley Cup. I have even held the Stanley Cup (I worked at the Hockey Hall of Fame building the international hockey exhibit and the women's hockey exhibit before it opened). Hockey was a big deal for me. Not anymore. I can't support pro hockey now.
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:09 pm

That's amazing!!!... but you don't count hah .. no fair that you are from Toronto.. .. The amount of concussions lately is scary,...
I don't mind fighting ect,.. but there is definitely less respect for one another.. instigator rule has made it so there won't be any repercussions at the time,.. then they get pissed at each other,.. it festers then you get brawls...

It's surprising that Hockey or Lacrosse aren't bigger in the states,... only 2 pro sports that allow fighting.. They need Dana White to be the commish... haha
jem

Postby jem » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Chris, great playing, great sound!
How did you record/process the drums? They sound awesome!
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks Jem,.
I'm using Neuman Km 84's as overheads, shure sm 57's on top and bottom snare, senheisser 421 on 10inch rack tom,akg 214's on 12 and 16 inch toms, neumann tlm 49's as room mics. studio projectsc4 hihat mic.. I don't even think used it...Audix d6 in front hole of kick, sehneissr 601 on inside of kick..
Oh's were set up recorderman technique

For pre's I'm using 8 LP audio design pre's It's a new company I have some prototypes, with a Uad La610 signature addition and 2 studio projects vtb 1's
I run them into Believe it or not 2 behringer ada 8000's with the pre's turned all the way off. From there into an RME digiface via lightpipe,
I recorded into Cubase 6, and the only plugins i used was Uad2 studer a 800 tape sim on each channel and Wizoo 2 reverb..
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:39 pm

I could do a video on the setup if u guys want.. I just bough a go pro camera... wanna try it out,..
Brett Borba

Postby Brett Borba » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:04 am

chris perra wrote:I could do a video on the setup if u guys want.. I just bough a go pro camera... wanna try it out,..

Yes, please do.

Return to “Drumming Chat”