Winter NAMM List of Performances

YamahaPlayer

Re: Winter NAMM List of Performances

Postby YamahaPlayer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:06 am

I remembered why I stopped going to NAMM.

It was because of things like this, and I'm quoting, from the worlds largest drum publication's multiple cover interviewee Joey Joridson - Current issue' December 2010, Page. 39 "I really don't play drums at all."

I just can not in good faith to my fellow musicians support that level of utter shit. I love playing drums. For someone to have the honor to speak out on such a massive public scale and have the audacity to utter those words....
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:40 am

Thanks for chiming in Bulent! Have a good show. I'm not planning on attending at this point but if I do I'll swing by and say Hi.

YamahaPlayer, I see your point on Joey but worse than anything he can do is allowing something like that to dictate your actions. If you wanna go to NAMM, just go. It can be fun!
drumnhands

Postby drumnhands » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:56 am

Andy Vermiglio wrote:I'll be playing at the Zildjian booth, then the Sabian booth, the Vic Firth booth, the Yamaha and Pearl booths, then if nobody stops me I'll be playing at the Tama booth and then the Evans and Remo booths and then the Bosphorous and Roland booths...

WANKER!
LADanny

Postby LADanny » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Hey HODers,

I'm doing everything I can to make it on Thursday. Work is crazy busy, but pretty sure I'll make it. Anyone else going? Might go Saturday too, but not sure.

Danny
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:49 pm

LADanny wrote: Anyone else going?

I haven't been able to snag a pass, so no can do. They seem harder to get every year. Guess I need to try and get some sort of endorsement action (as if).
Andy Vermiglio

Postby Andy Vermiglio » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Hey Danny, I'll be there. Is there really no Sabian Night this year????
drumcounselor

Postby drumcounselor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Mike Meyers wrote:
Andy Vermiglio wrote:I'll be playing at the Zildjian booth, then the Sabian booth, the Vic Firth booth, the Yamaha and Pearl booths, then if nobody stops me I'll be playing at the Tama booth and then the Evans and Remo booths and then the Bosphorous and Roland booths...

Andy, you sound like the guy we nicknamed "Hotdog" at NAMM 2010. He would go from booth to booth playing his best chops for anyone who would listen. Really annoying. That's why I'm not planning on being there on Saturday if I can help it. Too many amateur drummers go that day hoping to get "discovered", all walking to the convention center with sticks in the hands or back pockets. I think I'll go to the beach that day.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Did I get to see "Hotdog" at NAMM 2010? Ha Ha!

Drum Counselor
Mike Meyers

Postby Mike Meyers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:24 am

drumcounselor wrote:Hey Mike,

Did I get to see "Hotdog" at NAMM 2010? Ha Ha!

Drum Counselor

Hey Drum Counselor,

He was the guy that looked like a grown up Erkel (glasses & backpack). He had a bit of a crowd around him. Maybe we'll see him again this year. :roll: :lol:

Mike
Guess what...I got a fever and the only prescription...is more cowbell!
Andy Vermiglio

Postby Andy Vermiglio » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 am

Tommy Walker, Sheila E., David Pack, Gregg Bissonette, at the "Night of Worship" Thursday, January 13, 2011 @ 7:00pm

Pacific Ballroom in the Hilton Hotel.

http://www.rolandus.com/community/worship_connection/

Return to “Drumming Chat”