Blushda (and apology)

drumdawg

Re: Blushda Alert

Postby drumdawg » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:27 pm

I almost had to go to the hospital for surgery on my tongue due to how much I've been biting it this past week. I'll leave it at that...
I agree with cjbdrm, lets move on to a new topic. Have you guys heard that Mike Mangini is now playing with Dream Theater ;)

"Blushda" side note, I have a student (former) who's been working on playing this lick with his feet. Could be interesting to hear if you had multiple kick drums with different tunings. Has anybody else on here tried it with their feet and do you have any recordings?
Peace, Sammy J
robhaerr

Postby robhaerr » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Wow...I am bummed out how this went.

Could have been a good thing.
dwdrummer

Apology

Postby dwdrummer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:07 pm

H.O.D. members,

Please allow me to humbly apologize for the amount of negativity that my thread caused over the past few days. I put a huge emphasis on drummers supporting each other and building each other up and I exhibited the exact opposite behavior through some of my comments. Please understand that this was out of character for me.

I have no other excuse other than I let my emotions and feelings take the place of sound judgment. Regardless, negativity should have no place in the drumming community and I am deeply sorry my comments took the thread to a negative place.

I respect each and every one of you, even if I didn't show it, and I hope you can all understand that I am truly sorry and accept this apology.

Thank you,
Mike Johnston
Julián Fernández

Re: Apology

Postby Julián Fernández » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 pm

It´s all good, man. Glad this whole misunderstanding is over..
Hope to see around more often!
Saludos!
Sam

Postby Sam » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:26 pm

fair play ;)
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 pm

This does my heart good. Peace, brotha.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:24 pm

drumdawg wrote:"Blushda" side note, I have a student (former) who's been working on playing this lick with his feet. Could be interesting to hear if you had multiple kick drums with different tunings. Has anybody else on here tried it with their feet and do you have any recordings?
Peace, Sammy J

ya, though i play just a swiss triplet. i don't think you could actually pull off the diddle in the middle sans being grant collins, virgil, lang, etc

it's actually one of my favorite double bass licks, i must credit Jeff Bowders for showing it to me, he is also the first guy i heard doing this, and other cool stuff.

check out below, the lick clean at 1:04. pretty cool solo all the way around. it's also how he's playing the hihat/kick ostinato in the second half of the solo. jeff's a great guy and a rad player.

Tom Reschke

Re: Blushda (and apology)

Postby Tom Reschke » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Josiah wrote:
drumdawg wrote:"Blushda" side note, I have a student (former) who's been working on playing this lick with his feet. Could be interesting to hear if you had multiple kick drums with different tunings. Has anybody else on here tried it with their feet and do you have any recordings?
Peace, Sammy J

ya, though i play just a swiss triplet. i don't think you could actually pull off the diddle in the middle sans being grant collins, virgil, lang, etc

it's actually one of my favorite double bass licks, i must credit Jeff Bowders for showing it to me, he is also the first guy i heard doing this, and other cool stuff.

check out below, the lick clean at 1:04. pretty cool solo all the way around. it's also how he's playing the hihat/kick ostinato in the second half of the solo. jeff's a great guy and a rad player.

First off, that dude's a mothereffer. Secondly, that's not a blushda, it's a herta (or four stroke ruff). Thirdly, this Jeff Bowders can play! Quatro-ly, this thread has finally made me smile!
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:45 pm

dwdrummer wrote:H.O.D. members,

Please allow me to humbly apologize for the amount of negativity that my thread caused over the past few days. I put a huge emphasis on drummers supporting each other and building each other up and I exhibited the exact opposite behavior through some of my comments. Please understand that this was out of character for me.

I have no other excuse other than I let my emotions and feelings take the place of sound judgment. Regardless, negativity should have no place in the drumming community and I am deeply sorry my comments took the thread to a negative place.

I respect each and every one of you, even if I didn't show it, and I hope you can all understand that I am truly sorry and accept this apology.

Thank you,
Mike Johnston

Mike, keep doing what you're doing, as well as you're doing it. AND... chime in on drum geekery or weekend chatty stuff. Participate. If you do enjoy drumming and chit-chat as the rest of us do, you have a place here. I've been loving this forum since I discovered it years ago, and I think that anyone who is passionate about drumming and music would enjoy it as well. Members have disagreements and fights every now and again, and it's usually cool, because we're a little family, and we all have different opinions. But we usually find a middle ground, or agree to disagree. It can get heated, but it's civil Again, PARTICIPATE!
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Kurtis

Re: Blushda (and apology)

Postby Kurtis » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:48 pm

change the topic to "jeff bowders doesn't play any blushdas" i normally don't like that type of solo stuff but it's fun. way fun.

Return to “Drumming Chat”