GAVIN HARRISON - The topic about The Creative Man

Kurtis

Re: GAVIN HARRISON - Showing some NEW material

Postby Kurtis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 pm

A project with a 4 piece and one pedal. No. He can but rather hear him with his full kit. Just got my octane twisted package and love the DVD. The live version of the incident, sweet. The band seemed pretty low key on the DVD. Still a very good performance. Gavin played some great ideas and fills. Sound was a bit different from the last live DVD.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 am

Cool pedals camera view:
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:00 am

That's a great beat. The first time I heard it I thought it was in an odd time. Gavin is full of odd, original ideas and he always sounds phenomenal. Guitar Center should release that as a dvd or put a bunch of guys together and sell it. I'd buy it.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 am

New Snare Drum:
"Here's my new signature snare drum that I spent a long time developing with Sonor Drums. Actually it's a matched pair of snare drums. 14"x5.25" and 12"x5". Released today at NAMM. I'll be there Saturday & Sunday on the Sonor booth. Sonor will release all the details of pricing and availability."
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 am

Great demo of the snare. Like the changing of the snare wires. Bet it's a pricey drum.
willyz

Postby willyz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 am

I think the price would be well worth it- lots of brilliant features and a great design. I'd love to play one.
Got Blushda?
Victor Lipman

Postby Victor Lipman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi,

Does someone here have this?

I am currently using this thing :

But, even if I have two hi-hats (one closed on the right), I'm interested by the Cobra clutch, maybe some of you are using it?
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Kurtis wrote:Great demo of the snare. Like the changing of the snare wires. Bet it's a pricey drum.

Sonor is not cheap. I guess around the 1k range for the premium one.
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Those drums are nice. You can always count on Gavin to think outside of the box. Some cool new stuff there.
Unrelated but - new boomy/less clicky bass sound and hats too.

Oh, and I have the Cobra Clutch. It's awesome. Works exactly like it's supposed to. A standard drop clutch just drops the top cymbal down to the bottom. It's just laying there. The CC can be set up to make it sound like you have your foot holding the hats together tightly while you're playing dbl.bass. I love it.
and you CAN mount it to the right of the high-hat. I figured out a way to make it work. I'll take pictures this week and bump my old thread if anyone wants to see it.
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 am

Juan Expósito wrote:New Snare Drum:
"Here's my new signature snare drum that I spent a long time developing with Sonor Drums. Actually it's a matched pair of snare drums. 14"x5.25" and 12"x5". Released today at NAMM. I'll be there Saturday & Sunday on the Sonor booth. Sonor will release all the details of pricing and availability."

The snare wire design thing is genius! If even for just changing your bottom head. I like the idea of the different bearing edges on top and bottom, wonder how much of an actual audible difference that has on the sound. At any rate, I want one.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.

Return to “Drumming Chat”