Alesis SR-16

Tom Reschke

Alesis SR-16

Postby Tom Reschke » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Please indulge me this moronic question...

I just happened upon an Alesis SR-16 for a steal, and now it sits in my drum room silent. Why? Because I have no idea how to use it. Can I put an 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch jack on a set of headphones and hear it? Or do I have to get an actual speaker? Anyone have one of these? I'm very excited, and very technologically inept. Even regarding early 90's technology. Cheers.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Clint Hopkins

Re: Alesis SR-16

Postby Clint Hopkins » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Tom Reschke wrote:Please indulge me this moronic question...

I just happened upon an Alesis SR-16 for a steal, and now it sits in my drum room silent. Why? Because I have no idea how to use it. Can I put an 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch jack on a set of headphones and hear it? Or do I have to get an actual speaker? Anyone have one of these? I'm very excited, and very technologically inept. Even regarding early 90's technology. Cheers.

Tom, I have the older version which has the stereo outs but no headphone out. I have a headphone amp that I plug my phones into. Lot of fun to play around with. Mine has glitched a couple of times and I ended up losing stuff I had stored.
Randy Walker

Postby Randy Walker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:47 am

you 'can' put headphones into the left or right output, but the volume will be low, its best to use a small mixer or headphone amp to get better overall volume, otherwise the Sr16 is very easy to program and use.
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks, guys. I can't wait to hear it!
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.

Return to “Drumming Chat”