Help on Dimeadozen

renardvert

Help on Dimeadozen

Postby renardvert » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi guys,

I'm currently blocked on dimeadozen meaning that I can't download anything because my ratio is too low. I uploaded 3.06 gb and downloaded 17.32 gb so that makes my ratio 0.18. They ask for a minimum of 0.25 but I'm having a hard time getting it back to that minimum. I tried seeding stuff but there didn't seem to have anybody seeding from me, maybe I should have waited some more. I can still browse the different torrents but when I try to download them (via transmission) it says: share ratio violation.

I don't know if there is something with the firewalls since I don't really know what they are and what they do.

Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks guys!

Daniel
matthughen

Re: Help on Dimeadozen

Postby matthughen » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:08 pm

I suspect you are DLing video which means your share ration can get out of whack quicker because the file size is so much bigger. If the only problem is a share ratio issue, the only way to fix it is to fix your ratio.

I would recommend going through your video collection (got some Sting that is not on the tracker?) and see if you have anything interesting that is currently NOT seeded on DIME. If your source for a video is DIME that is still OK. You can "reseed" an old torrent which has fallen off the tracker. There is likely someone who either missed the original or was not a member when the original posted. This will give you maximum credit for your UL. If you jump on seeding a torrent late in its' life you might be competing with other seeders and you may experience a long wait before anyone jumps on to leach. . . older torrents have already been checked out.

Do you know how to create new torrents and UL them to DIME?

If you have a genuine firewall issue, you are going to have to learn about port-forwarding (ugh). I am firewalled but am able to successfully participate in DIME.
S.P

Postby S.P » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 pm

I have the same problem as you renardvert, I donated some money to dime and that unblocked my account for a while. I am firewalled and for the life of me I can't get port-forwarding to work which means I can never seed anything which is the reason why my ratio has gone down to below 0.25.

If anybody knows or can describe a fool-proof way of port-forwarding using uTorrent, that would be much appreciated! I've tried all the different guides that you might get from googling but haven't had any luck.
renardvert

Postby renardvert » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:16 pm

I'll now try to seed the Tony Williams solo dvd but I don't exactly know how to upload it on Dime.

What's that:

Announce URL of your torrent must be http://bt.dimeadozen.org/announce.php

It's on the upload page of Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-upload.php
Lucas Ives

Postby Lucas Ives » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:20 pm

They're talking about the tracker URL in the .torrent file you create with your BT client for upload.

Has the Tony Williams solo dvd already been posted to dime? If it's the *exact* same archive as one that's already posted on dime, you'll need to download dime's .torrent and point that at your local data files.
renardvert

Postby renardvert » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes, it has been uploaded there before, that's where I downloaded it if I'm remember correctly. Its also the same exact copy as the one I downloaded before. But it's not on Dime anymore, so how can I download the .torrent file then?
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:38 pm

you guys using utorrent? never had a problem at dime. i have only downloaded. my downloads equals my upload just about. what you take you give eth back when you download something. is it a country thing?
matthughen

Postby matthughen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm

The Tony DVD was seeded at thetradersden.com:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/sho ... hp?t=88530

OK. You are really close here:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=388439

At this point you MUST copy and paste the info file into the "description" portion of the torrent or you will absolutely get shot down. If you do that, you might be OK.
Last edited by matthughen on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renardvert

Postby renardvert » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:08 pm

My mistake then.

I got this message on transmission: tracker gave http response code 410 (gone)

Does this mean that I won't be able to seed?

I might try with some other file then.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:09 pm

The concept behind Dimeadozen is flawed because most, if not all, ISP's provide far higher download rates then upload, in most cases less then 1/5th

Return to “Drumming Chat”