VINNIE - The thread about Colaiuta

Lorenzini

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos...OK or not vintage.

Postby Lorenzini » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Although those white wash VC signature kits aren't my favorite, Vinnie sure looks at home behind a Gretsch drum set.....
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:55 am

Vinnie Colaiuta - John McLaughlin - Gary Husband - Matthew Garrison: Maharina - Crossroads - Eric Clapton Guitar Festival - 2007

timmy

Postby timmy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

donno if is here already .... nasty fills ...all the time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOyNfEa8p7g
timmy

Postby timmy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:44 pm

and by the way , its only matched grip .......LOL
timmy

Postby timmy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KdVmqbEGX0
winnie at work .he's reading here .there use to be a vid bout this tour with bernie williams but cannot find it .anyone ?
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:25 am

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 am

I haven't heard these songs before >>>

The soundtrack to the Queen of the Damned film was Jonathan Davis' first musical output outside of Korn. Originally, he was to perform vocals on the soundtrack, but due to contract limitations with Sony, he could not. So he hired singers from other bands, each good friends of his, to do the vocal work for his songs. Drums on tracks 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8 are performed by Vinnie Colaiuta, and Colaiuta and Terry Bozzio on track 8.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_t ... ndtrack%29

Vinnie and Terry Bozzio:

Interview:

GC: So what are you working on now and what are your latest projects?

Vinnie: Well, I've done some recording in New York and in L.A. on Bob James' latest solo record. I recorded on a new Bill Evans record. I'm working with an artist on Sony. I'm working with an artist from England who was in a band called Broth, they were a huge international group. I'm not sure that they were that big in America, but in Europe and beyond they were humongous. I also worked on Lee Ritenour's new solo album. I've worked on a record in Nashville for an artist called Jessica Andrews. I've been working on a record with Jack Russell, the lead singer from Great White. I'm on the soundtrack to this movie called, "Queen of the Damned." I don't know if it's in the theaters yet or if it's about to come out, but it was a soundtrack written by Richard Gibbs and Jonathan Davis from Korn. So that's a nice cross section of stuff. I've also been working on a record for Olivia D'Abo who is doing her first solo album right now. Oh, also I have recorded some tracks on Robben Ford's solo record. Robben, Jimmy Haslip and I did a project recently called "Jing Chi" for Shrapnel Metal Records. Basically, Jimmy had talked to Shrapnel Metal Records and said why don't you do a record. So we got together and we wrote some stuff and went into the studio and just had some fun and did our thing. It was great. Those guys are brilliant musicians and dear friends that I've known for a long time and it's a real honor and a thrill to be able to do that with them.

Source:
http://gc.guitarcenter.com/interview/colaiuta/
thewikiman

Postby thewikiman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:25 am

I have to say it's not my kind of music but I do give Queen of the Damned a listen every so often because Vinnie's drumming is fantastic. SO crisp.

It's one of those 'who else but Vinnie could do both this AND [insert contrasting style of music here]' type albums, where he plays in a genre he's not associated with and just nails it at an outrageous, properly in-the-genre but still very Vinnie, level. For me this is more impressive than the Megadeath stuff.
____
Ned
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:20 am

Listening to this Zidljian 84 clips. Again.
This must not be healthy, because some grooves here are infectious and some things are sick.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:20 am

This is timeless Juan, that video is on my iPhone, I think that it's the only one with him, 1984,damn !!! :o
Well, I tink that I have also that drum solo on "Actual Proof", live in Basel/Switzerland.

I like that one below, is that the sound required for that kind of music ? I don't like that sound, it sounds fake, or machine like, anyway, Vince forever.

I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”