VINNIE - The thread about Colaiuta

bananajou

Re: VINNIE - The thread about Colaiuta

Postby bananajou » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:06 am

Hadn't seen this one before

I used to have an mp3 bootleg of a concert around this era but I can't find it now... does it ring a bell to anyone?
jean krupa

Postby jean krupa » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:19 am

bananajou wrote:Hadn't seen this one before

I used to have an mp3 bootleg of a concert around this era but I can't find it now... does it ring a bell to anyone?

Vinnie played dates with Robben for many years leading up to Talk to your Daughter record and after.
There were many club dates when that tune was played.
A friend recorded a set for me there is a shuffle tune where Vinnie explodes with 2 bars trading with the band
and it is one of the most special moments among all my VC boots. [url]11-29-88 At My Place is date[/url] I mention.
Vinnie unleashes the most swinging put together fill/solos---my favorite because a good trascriber could capture
it all as it doesn't contain all this 5s and 5/4s and metric modulations------something we mortals could do with
some shedding ((((of course it will not sound the same but we will have the ability to impress our neighbors, aunts
uncles, girls and family with these licks)))).
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:38 am

This shit is VERY DANGEROUS !!! :o

I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
bananajou

Postby bananajou » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:55 am

Yes, looks like that might be the one. There was a download of it on 2009: https://drfusion.blogspot.com/2009/08/r ... santa.html

I found another gem while looking for it:
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:40 pm

GOAT! 3:44 - 4:30. would love to hear what the musicians in the band said to vinnie after this gig.
kaide

Postby kaide » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:18 am

kaide wrote:
bored at work wrote:
kaide wrote:Does anybody know if Vinnie is touring with Jeff Beck this summer? Beck just announced 2 gigs in Finland, thinking to go to at least one gig.

Yes, he is.

Thanks for the info! They are playing two gigs here, outdoor festival and inside concert hall gig. Gonna get tickets to both

I asked Rhonda Smith about this and she said that Vinnie won't be playing these Finland dates, I guess he's on UK dates. Does anybody know the other drummer?
bananajou

Postby bananajou » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:16 am

Nevermind, I found Robben Ford's boot in our own houseofdrumming MP3 stash! I knew I had downloaded it from around here...
jean krupa, maybe this one is the same you are referring to?
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:21 am

kaide wrote:
kaide wrote:
bored at work wrote:Yes, he is.

Thanks for the info! They are playing two gigs here, outdoor festival and inside concert hall gig. Gonna get tickets to both

I asked Rhonda Smith about this and she said that Vinnie won't be playing these Finland dates, I guess he's on UK dates. Does anybody know the other drummer?

It could be Jonathan Joseph.
kaide

Postby kaide » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:11 am

Rodge wrote:
kaide wrote:
kaide wrote:

It could be Jonathan Joseph.

I got a reply from Rhonda and she said it is Anika Nilles! I'm not sure if she plays the whole tour or just a part of the tour. But at least she's playing the Finland gigs June 19-20. I think this is still secret because I haven't seen it anywhere. So now it's public...
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:18 pm

JB loves being surrounded by women. :-)

Return to “Drumming Chat”