VINNIE - The thread about Colaiuta

User avatar
matthughen
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 am

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby matthughen » Sat May 12, 2012 9:38 am

Anyone have favorite Vinnie fills from the Joan Rivers DVD? Here is some youtubes from it:



This LAMA clinic doesn't get talked about too much. It is GREAT (thanks Ray!)


User avatar
matthughen
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 am

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby matthughen » Mon May 14, 2012 5:05 pm

The Vinnie / Joan Rivers video from youtube that I posted last week does not do Ray Lombardo's great compilation, Cry Me a Rivers, justice, IMHO. So I made a better short version!



I am nearly finished with my Vinnie Colaiuta compilation DVD which will include this 7 minute clip. I thought I would share here first and ask some opinions of Vinnie audio that is posted in the media section of this board. What is the best 90 seconds of audio hosted here at HOD? I want to use it as BGM for the menu pages.

TIA
Josiah
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:15 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby Josiah » Mon May 14, 2012 6:27 pm

matthughen wrote:I am nearly finished with my Vinnie Colaiuta compilation DVD which will include this 7 minute clip. I thought I would share here first and ask some opinions of Vinnie audio that is posted in the media section of this board. What is the best 90 seconds of audio hosted here at HOD? I want to use it as BGM for the menu pages.


The 'Ten Summoners Tales' clinic, sound off the board. By far the best quality and (some of) the most inane and absurd playing ever captured. Ever. I believe the file here is listed as 'VinnieClinic2' or something to that effect.

What 90 seconds you want to pull out of that file are a pot shot. The whole thing is just incredible playing, even by Vince's standards.

I can seed anything pretty hard, let me know and I'll help get it out. I got upload speed like most people dream of down.
renardvert
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby renardvert » Mon May 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Those LAMA clips are freakin' awesome. I love the Freedom Jazz Dance version.

And those fills on the Rivers show!! Holy crap. (and Vinnie was using Paiste in the last segment, the one with the joke, had never seen that).
amoergosum
Posts: 1631
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby amoergosum » Tue May 15, 2012 12:34 am

matthughen wrote:The Vinnie / Joan Rivers video from youtube that I posted last week does not do Ray Lombardo's great compilation, Cry Me a Rivers, justice, IMHO. So I made a better short version!



6:26 >>> :)
I've never seen that moment before.
User avatar
matthughen
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 am

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby matthughen » Tue May 15, 2012 6:19 am

Josiah wrote:The 'Ten Summoners Tales' clinic, sound off the board. By far the best quality and (some of) the most inane and absurd playing ever captured. Ever. ... The whole thing is just incredible playing, even by Vince's standards.

I can seed anything pretty hard, let me know and I'll help get it out. I got upload speed like most people dream of down.

That clinic is a revelation! I will certainly pull from it for the menu BGM. Thanks for the tip and the offer.
User avatar
Juan Expósito
Posts: 987
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 am
Location: Cartagena - SPAIN

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby Juan Expósito » Tue May 15, 2012 7:41 am

User avatar
efthimiosdrums
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:53 am
Location: Athens - Greece

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby efthimiosdrums » Wed May 16, 2012 3:50 am

french toast
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 am

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby french toast » Wed May 16, 2012 5:43 am

From 1:13~

Vinnie w/ Yamaha

renardvert
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VINNIE - Vintage videos

Postby renardvert » Wed May 16, 2012 6:38 am

The Kimo clip is amazing!!

Return to “Drumming Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests