Carlock moves to Grestch

Henry II

Re: Carlock moves to Grestch

Postby Henry II » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:32 am

Kurtis wrote: . . . zildjians are the best cymbals on the earth. nothing even comes close. . . .

That's right! Even Zildjians don't come close to sounding like Zildjians.
Hahaha!
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:03 am

^Haha I always love that phrase for that reason.

langmick wrote:Good for anyone that has the balls and skill to get a drum company to give them free drums and their name on literature. That's a huge achievement.

It has NOTHING to do with skill. Look at any drummer with a popular band at the moment, they aren't endorsed for their skill as drummers. They are endorsed for the exposure level. All of these companies rosters are filled with drummers most of us have never heard of. In the case of Mike, it's very obviously because of his exposure on the internet - nobody is talking about his fantastic playing on X album...

It's EASY to get on smaller companies rosters. I've turned down a number just because, frankly, they don't sound that good. I'd rather pay for Yamaha then get some fancy looking keller kit for free. These "custom" drum companies are a dime a dozen.

Getting an endorsement is a direct relation of your exposure. Anyone who can demonstrate a given exposure level (I'm sure its different for each company/level of endorsement) can get one, it's not hard by any means. A local guy here is on Gretsch's roster, they sent him a beautiful USA Custom, he plays for ONLY classic rock COVER bands. Another local guy, who maybe gigs twice a month has a SoulTone endorsement... gag..

Now getting your own drum or cymbals line, that's f-ing impressive.

Sticks and heads are all I need, already own plenty of great drums. A great tech. And Yamaha support has ALWAYS been on the ball, make a call, get whatever part shipped anywhere with the quickness. To that end, I've only had 3 YESS tom arms break in 10 years of gigs.
DeeP_FRieD

Postby DeeP_FRieD » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Josiah wrote:It's EASY to get on smaller companies rosters. I've turned down a number just because, frankly, they don't sound that good. I'd rather pay for Yamaha then get some fancy looking keller kit for free. These "custom" drum companies are a dime a dozen.

I gotta stop you right there. First of all you're telling me that you wouldn't want to work with a young upstart who is possibly as passionate about making drums as you are about playing them, because you lust for the sound of a gigantic corporations gear? I would be enthusiastic about it myself

Second, who approached you? WHO did you turn down? for an entire FREE kit... I'd like to know.

After reading a lot of your posts lately, I've gotta break it to you. You got an ego problem man.
langmick

Postby langmick » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 am

I've turned down a number just because, frankly, they don't sound that good.

Who are you?
deseipel

Postby deseipel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:05 am

i play in covr band; tells me wher I can haz free drums bro thks
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm

I like my Keller Shelled kit... From a small Drum company.. I know the guy who builds them, and he does a killer job..

I have input, and have a cool symbiotic relationship with the company that I could never have with a bigger one. Unless I was a huge well known drummer.. Even then it seems, That's not always the case.. My drums have been built by one guy.. and he's accountable for them.... Can't ask for anything more than that...
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Last time I checked, Gretsch drums were fancy looking Keller shells.
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Every Keller drum I've played has been great. My Ayottes are probably Keller. I played two DW kits when they were Keller shells, a few no name kits/drums... all good stuff. The only drums I've played that were as nice as my Ayottes were Gretsch and maybe my Yamaha MCA's.
Da Chooch

Postby Da Chooch » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 am

DSOP wrote:Last time I checked, Gretsch drums were fancy looking Keller shells.

dude... that was fongkaaay....
....ALWAYS let the Wookie win....
Phil T.

Postby Phil T. » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:04 am

My GMS drums are fancy looking Keller shells built to GMS's specs, which would be different than Gretsch, for example. I love those drums.

Return to “Drumming Chat”