GoAndPractice

Re: Carlock moves to Grestch

Postby GoAndPractice » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:22 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:

Man that ride sounds awesome
Freeze frame at 1:14

"22 MEDIUM THIN
LOW"

Yet another reason I just need to pay up and get the cymbal I've wanted for years
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 am

GoAndPractice wrote:
Paul Marangoni wrote:

Man that ride sounds awesome
Freeze frame at 1:14

"22 MEDIUM THIN
LOW"

Yet another reason I just need to pay up and get the cymbal I've wanted for years

I'd agree that Zildjians are great cymbals, but playing them is like agreeing to be robbed in a highway fashion...I'm undertaking selling all mine of to replace with Bosphorus....
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
DeeP_FRieD

Postby DeeP_FRieD » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Anyone notice volume go up by like 5 db around 5:22?

I know the background vocals cut out, but that is an amateur move on the mix if I ever heard one... not so subtle.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:09 am

DeeP_FRieD wrote:Anyone notice volume go up by like 5 db around 5:22?

I know the background vocals cut out, but that is an amateur move on the mix if I ever heard one... not so subtle.

Yes, I wonder what that was all about.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Keith via his newsletter >>>

Hi Everyone!

I hope your 2014 is going great so far!

It has been awhile since I've sent a Newsletter, but I wanted to wait until I could announce everything at once! I never want to bombard your inbox with too many of these! : )

First of all, my beautiful wife and I recently had our second daughter come into the world this past January! We are now a quartet, all is going great!

I am absolutely thrilled to officially announce that I have been asked to take over the drum chair for TOTO, and of course I gladly accepted! I am very excited to join this legendary band,
VERY big shoes to fill, but I'm gonna do my thing and have fun! Some recording for the new record is also in the works. I have already recorded 5 songs, and as I write this, I am in LA finishing rehearsals
for the Toto Japan Tour coming up April 23 thru May 2. Dates/Cities/Venues are on my site's "gigs" page. www.KeithCarlock.com/gigs.htm We are back at Capital Studios tomorrow to do more recording for the new one.
More info later as it comes in…..stay tuned. Gonna be incredible!!!!

I am also VERY happy and excited to announce that I will be touring this Summer 2014 with STEELY DAN! Dates are slowly coming out to the public. You can check here www.steelydan.com for info and all updates
as they come in. Also, my site will eventually catch up with all dates www.keithcarlock.com Please spread the word and hope to see you at a show! Always a killer band and incredible night of music, don't miss it!

I recently recorded with the very talented CHRISTOPHER CROSS for his new record scheduled for release later this year. Its a special record, amazing songs, a must have! Stay tuned for that!
I also recorded a new one with OZ NOY ("Twisted Blues Vol. 2"), and another new one with WAYNE KRANTZ very soon to be released. Both really great!!! More info soon.

I will be touring with OZ NOY and OTEIL BURBRIDGE in the USA this May/June 2014. Dates are from May 14th thru June 7th. Subject to change and additions. Check cities/dates here http://oznoy.com/schedule/

And then, I will be touring with MIKE STERN in Europe this October 2014. Dates to be announced ASAP. Please stay tuned to my website "gigs" page. And http://www.mikestern.org/tour.php

Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/KeithCarlock or @keithcarlock
Please "LIKE" me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keith-Ca ... 4833144532

As those are the best ways to stay current with what's going on in my world. I update those two sites often.

As always, THANK YOU ALL so much for the interest and support! This all means nothing without YOU!

Hope to see you at a show this year!

Until next time……

Keith
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 am

First videos of Keith Carlock playing with Toto:

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 am

Drum solo >>>

Return to “Drumming Chat”