Help with a Tommy Igoe tune

gruvdoctr

Help with a Tommy Igoe tune

Postby gruvdoctr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:28 am

I'll admit I don't have have the greatest ears when it comes to catching a certain thing that a drummer played on record at a certain time.

That being said, If anyone has Tommy's cd New Ground, the tune in question is called Everybody's Boppin'.

At the end, right before the crash catch/splash hit, he plays what sounds like a light speed single stroke roll. But, the length of the roll makes it hard for me to destinguish whether or not it's a single or double stroke roll.

If you have this and can pick apart that particular section, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!
Kendrum

Re: Help with a Tommy Igoe tune

Postby Kendrum » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 pm

gruvdoctr wrote:I'll admit I don't have have the greatest ears when it comes to catching a certain thing that a drummer played on record at a certain time.

That being said, If anyone has Tommy's cd New Ground, the tune in question is called Everybody's Boppin'.

At the end, right before the crash catch/splash hit, he plays what sounds like a light speed single stroke roll. But, the length of the roll makes it hard for me to destinguish whether or not it's a single or double stroke roll.

If you have this and can pick apart that particular section, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!

OK I dug out the CD and listened to that track. If we are listening to the same lick I hear it as single stroke sextuplets. They are very fast and even making them hard to distinguish. Hope this helps.
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:19 am

animal
When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:25 am

this one just never gets old for me...
When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member