Axis pedal dilemma.

langmick

Re: Axis pedal dilemma.

Postby langmick » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:41 pm

I always thought the ICs had a too-short footboard...like a Speed King.

Anything to save a few ounces, but they felt weird, like my leg was too far forward.

Pearl's Eliminator pedals are a great pedal.
Manu

Postby Manu » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:43 pm

DSOP wrote:Gavin Harrison is using the Speed Cobra, and I think he used to use the Axis.

The Yamaha pedal (direct drive) felt telepathic to me, but I only tried it in the store, not on my drums.

I think judging by what DSOP said here and also my friend who endorses axis said, I am gonna drop the used Axis option. Im gonna try checking out the speed cobras and the Yamahas which are in a price range accesible to me to buy new and see what's best. I have a good feeling about the Yamahas, thanks for turning me into those DSOP.

I hope Music Produktiv can let me try these, surely Im gonna be getting one of the two because I cant go anymore with the old, heavy Iron cobras.

ps: IS Gavin playing the speedcobras now? I didn't know that, what happened there? I've read around that the speedcobras feel a bit more natural than the axis (?)
Manu

Postby Manu » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:44 pm

langmick wrote:I always thought the ICs had a too-short footboard...like a Speed King.

Anything to save a few ounces, but they felt weird, like my leg was too far forward.

Pearl's Eliminator pedals are a great pedal.

Yes I feel the same way regarding the pedal's footboard length. Also I used to have a pearl eliminator way back then and had to sell them because I was broke. They were good pedals indeed, but Im curious about trying direct drive, those Yamahas look neat for my needs. I really want to try them now.
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Pedals are like sticks. You're going to have to try a bunch of them (Axis, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Pearl) and see which works for YOU.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Manu wrote:ps: IS Gavin playing the speedcobras now? I didn't know that, what happened there? I've read around that the speedcobras feel a bit more natural than the axis (?)

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/artist/tama_a ... 755&area=2

Riddim

Postby Riddim » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:23 pm

I've had the same 3 Axis pedals since 1992. I sent 2 to the factory for reconditioning about 1998; all work great. No problems with speed or power.
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 pm

I tried the Speed Cobra at a store and was very impressed. It had a traditional pedal feel, yet was light and quick. If you go from an IC to an Axis, the change in feel is extreme, and it could mess you up for a period of time.
However, I still like my Axis, even though I play the Demon Drive. But seriously, I want a Speed Cobra. I want to go back to chains.
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manu

Postby Manu » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:07 am

DSOP wrote:
Manu wrote:ps: IS Gavin playing the speedcobras now? I didn't know that, what happened there? I've read around that the speedcobras feel a bit more natural than the axis (?)

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/artist/tama_a ... 755&area=2

It would be super interesting to learn his reasons for the switch. Possibly because the Axis feel too odd?
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:04 am

He already answered in another thread. He switched because they were easier to play his ideas at the required volume.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:11 am

Manu wrote:I'm curious about trying direct drive, those Yamahas look neat for my needs. I really want to try them now.

Let me know what you think. If you love them too, I think I'm gonna pick some up as well.

Return to “Drumming Chat”