Vinnie spots the camera...

Spagnuolo

Re: Vinnie spots the camera...

Postby Spagnuolo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Isnt it funny how no other drummer gets this attention?????? my wife wont even tape me! cazzo di femmine!
Rene

Postby Rene » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:46 am

You never know exactly what happened. Perhaps that guy stalked Vinnie more or less before the show, Vinnie caught him taping.

But on the other hand if when you're in the spotlights you know you can be filmed during shows. (Or maybe he was a Zildjian rep. :mrgreen: ) It was just three minutes. Maybe he was shot on camera by many others during the show and he didn't noticed.... and others didn't put it on the web. That he wanted the CK rehearsals removed, I can clearly understand. Cause to me that is an invision of his privacy. It wasn't a public performance. What I try to say is that respecting someones privacy or not is a thin line and depands a lot on the circumstances. Probaly even more when you're on stage .... It would be smarter, i tend to believe, if Vinnie just ignored the guy...

I heard the same rumours about Vinnie moving to Paiste .... (gaddabout might just me right, vinnie not endorsing any company!) ..
Last edited by Rene on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rene

Postby Rene » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:49 am

drum6282 wrote:Looks like the Zildjian link is off his webpage too -

He's still on Zildjian's website though ....
but for how long ....
Last edited by Rene on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rene

Postby Rene » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am

Darren Altman wrote:This is hillarious. Vinnie spy's the camera fixed on him and pulls faces. Pissed off or having a laugh?!

Video is now qualified as " private" ....??
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:12 am

Rene wrote:Video is now qualified as " private" ....??

It went from 'listed' to 'not listed' to 'private'.
Darren Altman

Postby Darren Altman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:09 am

My opinion about the whole Vinnie being filmed and being pissed off debate is this: He needs to get over it. We're at an age where EVERYONE has a camera on them ALWAYS... on their phones. We can all film ANYTHING, ANYTIME. That's it, end of. The guy is one of the best drummers on the planet and his fans WILL film him. What's the point of steaming up to a fan at a gig and demanding the camera? Or getting the hump, as in this clip? Is he mad? If I walk down the street, trip over and fall on my arse and someone films it, there's absolutely nothing I can do, end of story.

Vinnie is not a nobody, he's got hundereds of thousands of fans all over the planet and the vast majority of his gigs will be filmed anyway, for tv. He's working with artists that are THAT high profile. He's naieve to think that noone will fim him on a gig. I repeat, EVERYONE has a camera on their phones and he plays to 1000's of people. Accept it Vinnie, this is the age we are in, you may not like it, but stop throwing your toys out the pram. You're playing with the best musicians in the world, in the best circumstances, where the sound will be amazing 99% of the time, you gear will always be fantastic and sound fantastic, the on stage sound will be amazing due your top sound techs, so enjoy what you do, smile and just get on with it. So someone posts a video of you on youtube? So what? There are 1000s of others out there and there will be 1000s more. How can you demand privacy playing to 1000s of people all over the world?

Just my humble opinion.
Last edited by Darren Altman on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:40 am

I think it can be a generation issue. I know Virgil hates to be filmed and not be in control of what is
being put out there too.

However, I think that Guthrie Govan has a very fresh approach to the issue. Watch from 27:24 to 29:05.
I was so happy to see such an approach from a guy who's playing I really like.

I am not comparing Guthrie to Vinnie. I am just pointing out that there are many ways to look at this issue.
I am uncertain if Vinnie understands that people filming him are people who love him and think he deserves
(even) more praise and want to share his talent with the world. And it's not like he is losing money on this.
I wish he'd ease up on this issue.
Last edited by Morgenthaler on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:12 am

Rene wrote:Video is now qualified as " private" ....??

Somebody re-uploaded the cip >>>

Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:50 am

Playing arenas or big venues and specting not to be filmed is naive. No matter who you are.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:00 pm

If Sting, Bono or Mike Jagger reacted like Vinnie does...imagine.

Return to “Drumming Chat”