Snarky Puppy

beat hit

Re: Snarky Puppy

Postby beat hit » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:17 pm

:) Odd-Arn... Was not talking about the band and its music as a whole... My comment was on the bass & drum duo and on Larnell's solo in that specific section mentioned... I like some of their stuff but I'm not their biggest fan.. That very track kills live though...
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:57 pm

Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:54 pm

Snarky Puppy leaves me cold. Not sure why, but it just doesn't do it for me. Great players all around, but the tunes.... I dunno.
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:20 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:Snarky Puppy leaves me cold. Not sure why, but it just doesn't do it for me. Great players all around, but the tunes.... I dunno.

I feel the same way. However, if I was 25 years younger and in music school, I'd probably love them.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:52 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:Snarky Puppy leaves me cold. Not sure why, but it just doesn't do it for me. Great players all around, but the tunes.... I dunno.

I can definitely relate...

I posted it for Larnell's performance, which defnitely kills here.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:10 am

Tom Reschke wrote:if I was 25 years younger and in music school, I'd probably love them.

Yes, you have a point. But then again, 25 years ago would be the last time music school actually made any sense. You may as well go to typewriter repair school now for the same number of opportunities when you graduate. :mrgreen:
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:58 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:
Tom Reschke wrote:if I was 25 years younger and in music school, I'd probably love them.

Yes, you have a point. But then again, 25 years ago would be the last time music school actually made any sense. You may as well go to typewriter repair school now for the same number of opportunities when you graduate. :mrgreen:

Completely agree. Also this was true 25 years ago when I was in music school.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:37 am

Tom Reschke wrote:
Paul Marangoni wrote:

Completely agree. Also this was true 25 years ago when I was in music school.

Man oh man, I honestly could not have predicted the world we live in now by any stretch of the imagination. It's really incredible how so many things have deteriorated in the last decade alone.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:37 pm

Same for me, but maybe for me it's because I'm NEVER touched by the hype, Larnell is great indeed.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:31 pm

What’s up, Statler and Waldorf gang? :D

Just kidding, I largely agree. That one solo by Cory Henry on ‘Lingus’, though :shock:

Return to “Drumming Chat”