Vinnie no longer with Zildjian?

maggimus

Vinnie no longer with Zildjian?

Postby maggimus » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:26 am

The Zildjian link on Vinnie's website has also disappeared. We need Mulder and Scully on this ASAP.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: Vinnie no longer with Zildjian?

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:55 am

All this stuff about leaving Gretsch or Zildjian doesn't necessarily mean that he won't use any of their products. Maybe he just wants to be able to mix and match whatever he likes like the rest of us. Vinnie, with the gigs he gets is one of those guys that could probably get whatever he needs at any gig without endorsements anyway.

I still dig the sound of Gretsch. My A Custom crashes and hats are fabulous, but they aren't right for everything. Though I at this point play only a few Zildjians that's more about economy than options. If I look at e.g my guitars, amps and pedals as a guitarplayer, I've got no brand loyalty at all. I've just over the years, through lots of experimentation, ended up with some combinations that work for me.

Maybe Vinnie too just wants to be free. I'm sure he still likes both Gretsch and Zildjian, but there's so much more, especially these days, to choose from.
bigbone

Postby bigbone » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:30 am

maggimus wrote:The Zildjian link on Vinnie's website has also disappeared. We need Mulder and Scully on this ASAP.

Still there................ http://zildjian.com/Artists/C/Vinnie-Colaiuta
Rene

Postby Rene » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:51 am

bigbone wrote:
maggimus wrote:The Zildjian link on Vinnie's website has also disappeared. We need Mulder and Scully on this ASAP.

Still there................ http://zildjian.com/Artists/C/Vinnie-Colaiuta

He meant from Vinnie's website ....

http://www.vinniecolaiuta.com/links.aspx
cristaples

Postby cristaples » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:51 am

The dedication of some people is amazing, I wonder if he worries about the lunacy of his fans. He might be doing it just to mess with us! Lol
Niles

Postby Niles » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:29 am

cristaples wrote:The dedication of some people is amazing, I wonder if he worries about the lunacy of his fans. He might be doing it just to mess with us! Lol

Eddie VanHalen used to do that - he'd have pick ups that weren't hooked up - and guys would try to emulate his sound...
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:03 am

I think it would be uncharacteristic of Vinnie to leave Gretsch and Zildjian @ the same time after playing them so long. I mean, after all, he helped design the a custom which is one of the best lines there is! I just feel like he wanted to leave the endorsements behind for whatever reason...
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
kinkymook

Postby kinkymook » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Well, Vinnie has been playing Zildjian A Customs for 22 years... I'd be looking for some other sounds too. Paiste 602's and 2002's (to me) sound like A Customs, only cleaner and better, especially the new 602's. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but, those cymbals sound like Gawd hammered them out!
D.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 pm

I don't have that many cymbals yet, butas your allround main crash I think my 17" A Custom is pretty hard to beat. Has that extra warmth to it. It just works.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:57 pm

According to what's his name, Zildjian doesn't pay their endorsers...

So maybe he just wanted to play something else.

The greatest drummer in the world is certainly entitled to playing whatever he wants.

Return to “Drumming Chat”