Jojo Mayer

Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Re: Jojo Mayer

Postby Steve Holmes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi.

So I've decided to delete any posts in this topic with a certain word in it. My exact reasoning was this - it could be potentially damaging to that particular person and I don't want to facilitate that damage. Please do not repost the specifics about that rumor. Feel free to say "if a person has a problem with drugs then..." but please don't be all "<persons name> has a problem with <specific thing>". Reputation matters in this industry and this person is currently making a living in that industry. I can't expect everyone who reads my forum to take rumors with a grain of salt.

Please ask yourself if something is a bad idea to post, before posting. That was a bad idea because it was very specific.

G-O-rama does post annoying things sometimes but nothing bannable (yet). Poke away at his history:
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=110

It's the internet guys, people will be people. Having said that we'll try to keep the place respectable.
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:20 pm

OK. Got it. Sorry.

And I have to say, annoying compared to who? Topic dropped. :-)
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:25 pm

groober wrote:@gretsch-o-rama Do know how many times you use the word I ! You know you contradict yourself so often too .... But, hey ... The Celebrity wink game was a good one. When you talk about why you didn't pursue the profession ..... I don't believe you .... But another thing is I couldn't give a shit any ways. I've also read some of your outside HOD forum rants and you strike me as someone who needs help .
On the subject of drugs ... that must mean you don't buy any thing from musicians who take drugs. SHEEEEEET ! Most of my collection is by people who at one point or anther ......
I'm not even gonna look for any reply at this point

COLON PIPE ! :-| :| xx

You're more right than you know. I don't really buy or sell drums and percussion anymore because I'm either ripping someone off or getting ripped off. Such is life. Delete what ya got to.
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:55 am

I received the foot technique DVD yesterday. I haven't watched it all yet (3 discs), but so far, so good. Great job, and tons of info. Recommended for everyone.
groober

Postby groober » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:13 am

Nice one ! He seemed to have it together years ago. Those early vids show that. Is he using his pedal throughout or does he show the techniques on other pedals too ? I guess it's all a question of balance anyways. Can't wait to check it ...
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:56 am

groober wrote:Is he using his pedal throughout or does he show the techniques on other pedals too ?

So far, I've only seen him on his pedal. There's a whole section on the history of pedals where he shows the design and features of many pedals from the past too.
groober

Postby groober » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:43 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:
groober wrote:Is he using his pedal throughout or does he show the techniques on other pedals too ?

So far, I've only seen him on his pedal. There's a whole section on the history of pedals where he shows the design and features of many pedals from the past too.

Cool ! I just had a look at the second trailer ... looks like a lot of fun. He always comes across as very positive and together, with a good sense of humor. Love the look of that clip with the old Low Hat ! And the hair style ! I'm really in to Sonor as well.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:53 pm

He mentions that they are working on a double pedal version of the Perfect Balance.
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:25 pm

I just picked it up and am about 45 minutes or so into it. So far it is every bit as good as SWftMD Pt. 1. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion.
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:25 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:He mentions that they are working on a double pedal version of the Perfect Balance.

I remember having the Sonor Giant Step twin pedal but the action was too heavy for me, somehow. And at the time it was more expensive than the Demon Drive, I think it still is even. Went back to my Eliminator.

Return to “Drumming Chat”