Curt Bisquera Podcast Interview

IdHitThatPodcast

Curt Bisquera Podcast Interview

Postby IdHitThatPodcast » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 am

Great 2 hour interview with LA Session Legend Curt Bisquera.... He talks about his entire career, starting with Morris Day and going on to play for Mick Jagger, Elton John, Tina Turner, Johnny Rotten, working with Rick Rubin, Don Was - talks at length about Jeff Porcaro - and talks studio work Then vs Now... Amazing, insightful stuff. Check out the links below to hear the interview on the "I'd Hit That" podcast;

Curt Bisquera Interview - http://idhitthatpodcast.podomatic.com/e ... 8_59-07_00

Or Listen to it on iTunes - http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id-h ... d507733829
Christopher

Re: Curt Bisquera Podcast Interview

Postby Christopher » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:24 am

These are very cool!

Listening to the Curt one now. The Paxon one was killer.

Thanks for posting them!
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Curt's a cool cat...got to hang with him and Abe Jr...just walked the floor together.
I asked him how he felt about all these juniors around with killer chops (we walked
past this 12yo kid that looked like he digested every Weckl video...which was impressive)
and Curt said, "Jeff (Porcaro) told me one thing I never forgot...play time if you want to work...
master the money beat!"

I think Curt and John Ferraro have extended Jeff's discipleship better than most.

Baby Come Back...was not Ambrosia, but Player...John Friesen on drums I think.

Joey Heredia...used to see him play a lot at the Spud. Very light touch...really
evolved over the years from the first time I saw him to last.

Could have done w/o the evolution of pubic hair as part of his development...lol

Man...did our paths cross a lot...seeing Vinnie w/Dog Cheese at the Spud...probably
at the same gig but didn't know it! Crazy six degrees of separation thing listening to him.

That 777-9311...totally did not listen to this type of music...this cat nails it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgA_7PESfs
Last edited by Pocketplayer on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
AllenS

Postby AllenS » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Pocketplayer wrote:Curt's a cool cat...got to hang with him and Abe Jr...just walked the floor together.
I think Curt and John Ferraro have extended Jeff's discipleship better than most.

Amen to that...
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:48 am

I saw Curt a few years ago with Rich Mangicaro doing a clinic and he killed it! Great time and feel.

I really liked the 'actor' analogy. I tend to like more 'character actors' than leading ones.
Da Chooch

Postby Da Chooch » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:12 pm

thanks for the link. love these podcasts... totally digging this one on Kirkee B so far. what chill / refereshing cat.
....ALWAYS let the Wookie win....
willyz

Postby willyz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 am

Listening to this now.

I remember Curt doing a clinic while I was at LAMA. Super sweet guy. One thing that really stuck with me is when someone asked him about playing behind the beat and playing ahead of it. He perfectly displayed his great time while playing in answer to that question.
Got Blushda?

Return to “Drumming Chat”