the moeller killer - will it make a difference ??

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: the moeller killer - will it make a difference ??

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:53 am

I've hardly played drums my whole life, but I've experimented with a lot of hand techniques. For fast singles I don't really see any need to do anything different than the downstroke with the arm/wrist and upstroke with the fingers that my first teacher showed me. I don't have to change anything to do Moeller with that grip and, playing on different rebounding or non-rebounding surfaces is a change you do constantly by feel. The Jojo and Chapin videos have given me all I need and see the need for and more and then I just experiemnt on my own.
Henry II

Postby Henry II » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:23 am

sejuba wrote:It seems like Jojo´s Secret Weapon has become a classic among hand technique videos but the truth is, people like myself
who have never actually mastered the single stroke roll will always be looking for the next "big secret"...

so I ran across this guy called Seth Davis on Youtube. I´m not in love with his marketing strategies to sell dvd´s but
as far as hand technique goes, he does the job quite well.

I´m super curious to hear anyone who has watched the video. I read he talks about meditation too...

here are the links:

http://www.themoellerkiller.com

http://vimeo.com/themoellerkiller

Um, looked at a few videos and didn't see much Moeller technique being demonstrated. Am I missing something?
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Henry II wrote:Um, looked at a few videos and didn't see much Moeller technique being demonstrated. Am I missing something?

Ya, he's "killing moeller" by using basically a modified Gladstone technique.
Henry II

Postby Henry II » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:30 am

YamahaPlayer wrote:
Henry II wrote:Um, looked at a few videos and didn't see much Moeller technique being demonstrated. Am I missing something?

Ya, he's "killing moeller" by using basically a modified Gladstone technique.

Ahh! In that case, he's killin' me, because, IMHO, one doesn't really substitute that well for the other.
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III

Return to “Drumming Chat”