Manu Katché

amoergosum

Manu Katché

Postby amoergosum » Tue May 22, 2012 7:23 am

4:59 >>> love it

By the way >>> the 'Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live' concert will be released on Blu-ray!

"Secret World Live", the outstanding Grammy Award winning film from 1994 is now to be re-released. The new version allows the original film to be seen and heard in the best possible quality on DVD / Blu-ray. Filmed in Modena, Italy across two nights in November 1993 as part of Peter Gabriel's acclaimed "Secret World Live" tour in support of the "Us" album, the show is elaborately presented and choreographed with two stages joined by a narrow moving walkway. The line-up for this show featured Peter Gabriel (vocals, keyboards); Manu Katche (drums); Tony Levin (bass, vocals); David Rhodes (guitar, vocals); Jean Claude Naimro (keyboards, vocals); Paula Cole (vocals); Shankar (violin, vocals); Levon Minassian (doudouk) with guests Papa Wemba and Molokai.

The original 16mm film negatives were repaired / cleaned and scanned (at super 2K) to a file sequence for mastering and restoration. The 2K sequence is the resolution we view in cinemas, and as such, the concert is now available in high definition without compromise. Once scanned, the footage digitally restored and graded (by award winning colourist Ray King) to allow fans to view the concert as never been seen before.

A slew of great Bonus Features are also included. "Red Rain" was not included in the original film, this is now included as an extra for the first time. We also offer Timelapse film of the complex stage set up, plus a featurette on the making of the "Secret World Live" film including interviews and behind the scenes footage. Additionally, there's a newly restored photomontage slideshow to the remixed "Quiet" version of "Steam" and, finally, "The Rhythm Of The Heat" orchestral version from the "New Blood: Live In London" show.

Source:
http://petergabriel.com/media/article/2 ... ed-july-2/
bstocky

Re: Manu Katché

Postby bstocky » Tue May 22, 2012 8:38 am

Manu is awesome and so is that entire show.
Richie Jarvis

Postby Richie Jarvis » Tue May 22, 2012 2:41 pm

About time it was on Blu-Ray, one of the best concerts I have ever seen.
cristaples

Postby cristaples » Fri May 25, 2012 9:21 am

OOOOOOH YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!! I love this show!!!!!!!!!! better than anything else ever!!!!!!!
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 am

I picked this new record up the other day. I hated it at first. Took about six more times listening to the whole thing and now I'm really, really digging it.

Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks for remind us THIS concert. AWESOME.

I´ve just purchased it in Blu Ray.
Awesome stage design.
Awesome tunes.
Everything awesome.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:56 pm

gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:55 pm

He's got to be one of the most unique drummers out there, approach-wise...it's amazing he gets the results he does.
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:59 pm

amoergosum wrote:4:59 >>> love it

/

YES!! Absolutely love the 4:59 segment!!

I do also love the groove starting @2:48

Amazing African rhythms approach on the toms... Manu's got this musical flare which enables him to bring just the right recipe in the right context at the right time..

In other words :arrow: A Distinct-DNA-Rhythm-Imprints-Groove-Mixture.... :)

How about this one???

Return to “Drumming Chat”