sonor jungle kit question

CPS

sonor jungle kit question

Postby CPS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 am

Steve feel free to move this if it fits another thread.... I'm looking to sell my yammie toms but keep the 20" kick if any music calls for it but buy a sonor jungle kit as it's ,pre portable ie on a hostess trolley kinda vibe.... I can't get a close up enough picture to see what kind of tom mount is on the kick of the jungle kit but I was just wondering (as the yamaha kick is undrilled) if there would be some kinda sonor doohickey I could put on a cymbal stand to hang the 10" tom from if I was using the 20"? Thanks kindly for whoever answers this query...
DSOP

Re: sonor jungle kit question

Postby DSOP » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:52 am

Sonor has a ton of mounting options. For instance:
http://www.sonor.com/pbas/Sonor_FE/sono ... kelid=4738

Go to the Sonor website http://www.sonor.com and then click on "DOWNLOADS" at the top. You can download their latest catalog which should display all the hardware attachments.
Rhythmatist

Postby Rhythmatist » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 pm

I didn't know they still made doohickeys. :)
CPS

Postby CPS » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:53 am

@ DSOP - thanks for pointing out my ignorance and stupidity - you're a frightfully helpful guy! @ Rhythmatist - they're right next to the thingmabobs!
Ghostnoter

Postby Ghostnoter » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:47 pm

CPS wrote:Steve feel free to move this if it fits another thread.... I'm looking to sell my yammie toms but keep the 20" kick if any music calls for it but buy a sonor jungle kit as it's ,pre portable ie on a hostess trolley kinda vibe.... I can't get a close up enough picture to see what kind of tom mount is on the kick of the jungle kit but I was just wondering (as the yamaha kick is undrilled) if there would be some kinda sonor doohickey I could put on a cymbal stand to hang the 10" tom from if I was using the 20"? Thanks kindly for whoever answers this query...

Yes, there are several mounting options for the Sonor tom. I can speak to the portability of the drums (Jungle set, mine are 3007 series; modified) on a simple push-pull hand truck. I bought one from Sam's club for $21.00. It folds in/out, handle extends to easily accommodate the full set. Use a bungee cable thing a mo bob, to attached to the bottom plate coming over the drums (in cases of course) which hooks onto the handle. Sweet load in out! The tom holder works fine and is long enough....can be integrated into a Sonor holder or any other generic holder...to handle use over the Yammy bass drum...
Ghostnoter
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:55 pm

I believe any of the smaller sized L Rods (10mm and under) will work on Sonor even though they use a Hex. Lots of thingamabobs you can use...!

Had a similar issue with my Quadura's
CPS

Postby CPS » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:02 pm

thanks for the help y'all, esp ghostnoter!

Return to “Drumming Chat”