Dennis Chambers Workshop

YamahaPlayer

Re: Dennis Chambers Workshop

Postby YamahaPlayer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Yussuf wrote:Anyway, Dennis is always phenomenal. Not many fusion players have that kind of feel good pocket. Plus he can really SWING playing straight ahead.

Totally, I've heard it said but of course couldn't verify, that Dennis is one of the (few) players who has remarkable feel and groove, but does not play in time (metronomicly speaking).

Either way, the man has soul.
Phil T.

Postby Phil T. » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Terry Branam wrote:Yes. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone going to the Stern gig with DC and Anthony Jackson at Catalina's on 12/9?

I'll be passing through on my way to the next chapter in life...moving to San Francisco!

Look for me to be sitting as close to AJ as possible with my jaw on the floor.

Welcome to the S.F. Bay Area Terry! I just got tickets to see Mike Stern at Yoshi's San Francisco this Sunday. Should be great. I think the last time I saw Dennis was a Santana show some years ago. I've never seen Anthony Jackson and hope to be right up close to him. And that Randy Brecker's not so bad either....
Patrick Tiglao

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:56 pm

These videos rule!! Thanks so much!!
There is nothing left to say.
Terry Branam

Postby Terry Branam » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 am

Phil T. wrote:Welcome to the S.F. Bay Area Terry!

Thanks man! We'll have to hang at some point. Can't wait to see this gig. I never thought I'd see Anthony live. One of my heroes for sure!
Check out my app PERFECT RHYTHM on the App store!
Thomas Rieck

Postby Thomas Rieck » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:05 am

I guess Dennis is talking about Vinnie's playing on "Dong work for Yuda". I think I've still got the transcription somewhere. Someone transcribed it in Modern Drummer eons ago. Anyone ever worked through it?

Return to “Drumming Chat”