Vinnie in LA Dec 5th/Carlos Vega Concert

DSOP

Re: Vinnie in LA Dec 5th/Carlos Vega Concert

Postby DSOP » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Isaac Lee wrote:You can still show up early and grab a spot at the bar. That's my plan.

There's room for about five people at that bar.
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 pm

DSOP wrote:
Isaac Lee wrote:You can still show up early and grab a spot at the bar. That's my plan.

Ok DSOP, so should I just stay home then?!??! I guess I shouldn't have moved to LA either because according to you there are no jobs and this and that. Well guess what dude, I moved here and found a job, and a band, and place to practice, and have met great people that are willing to help. I am thriving and feel like I made a great decision.

What are you doing besides giving bad advice and being negative all the time?

Listen; I'm going to go up there and I'm going to watch Vinnie play drums. And like Steve told me he is going to be wearing a cape, and he is going to be displaying his super powers, and everyone's face is going to look like this;

Oh and if there is no room at the bar then I'll stand and watch Vinnie. You can stay at home and try to convince people to not go. :lol:
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Isaac Lee wrote:
DSOP wrote:

Ok DSOP, so should I just stay home then?!??! I guess I shouldn't have moved to LA either because according to you there are no jobs and this and that. Well guess what dude, I moved here and found a job, and a band, and place to practice, and have met great people that are willing to help. I am thriving and feel like I made a great decision.

What are you doing besides giving bad advice and being negative all the time?

Listen; I'm going to go up there and I'm going to watch Vinnie play drums. And like Steve told me he is going to be wearing a cape, and he is going to be displaying his super powers, and everyone's face is going to look like this;

Oh and if there is no room at the bar then I'll stand and watch Vinnie. You can stay at home and try to convince people to not go. :lol:

:) I like this Isaac guy.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:23 pm

:) I like this Isaac guy

Thanks man. Can you see the image in my post by the way? It was there but now I don't see it.
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Isaac Lee wrote:
:) I like this Isaac guy

Thanks man. Can you see the image in my post by the way? It was there but now I don't see it.

It's not showing up, Isaac.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Isaac Lee wrote:Ok DSOP, so should I just stay home then?!??! I guess I shouldn't have moved to LA either because according to you there are no jobs and this and that. Well guess what dude, I moved here and found a job, and a band, and place to practice, and have met great people that are willing to help. I am thriving and feel like I made a great decision.

Holy fuck! Relax! I never said not to go. I should have just said "get there plenty early". I'd go too if I lived closer. It's just a drag that they always do this benefit at such small clubs. Last time I went to this benefit it was at the Hollywood Baked Potato (now defunct) and although I heard the band, I could not see them at all it was so packed.

I think proceeds go to Carlos' family too, so all the more reason to support the event.

I'm very happy for you Isaac. Don't mistake my pessimism for anything but reality checks. I wish the world of music (and jazz in particular) was in a better state in this part of the world. I really do.
LADanny

Postby LADanny » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm heading over right now. I'll be at the bar.

Danny
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:25 pm

OH SHIT! Vinnie slayed it! It was Oscar Seaton's kit, Oscar played the first half of the show. he was great, rock solid, a little too much on the groove displacement I thought but overall excellent. I don't even think was a rack tom. A couple of floor toms, a few cymbals. man, Vinnie still owned us all. The collector's edition of us even. It was nuts. They did Palladium, traded with Vinnie a few times. The first trade was so fucking slick and out, I instantly got lost, then BAM back in rock solid. His time is so solid, he has total control of it. Some stuff was dead center, or pulled way back. Such a pocket, man.

There's a level you reach when you play that much for that many years, a level few get to. It's crazy to hear it in person. I'm glad I can still get so excited about this, it still has the same energy, it's crazy. Tbo came with, Danny and Isaac were at the bar, it was good times.

NUTS!!!
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Oscar did play really well. I really enjoyed watching him. I hadn't previously heard of him. But when Vinnie sat down, a whole different sound came out of those drums. There was more consistency in his back beat and it was more powerful. Overall he was more present in the mix. I was just blown away the whole time.

:D
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:17 pm

OH SHIT SOMEONE'S NOT IN MONTANA ANYMORE!!!!
Nice to start to the LA adventure!

Return to “Drumming Chat”