Insane, off-the-hook live performances....

matthughen

Re: Insane, off-the-hook live performances....

Postby matthughen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Dont go, D.

Ferrone-pocket:

@6:43, 7:41 :shock:

Funk . . . and jingle Bells.
Last edited by matthughen on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Richman

Re: Insane, off-the-hook live performances....

Postby Jim Richman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 pm

AllenS wrote:
DSOP wrote:That performance can hardly be considered "so bonkers it's scary". And please don't link to videos that start off with advertising. I'm trying not to generate any revenue for YouTube until they start sharing a BIG percentage of their income with those who create content.

What's the evidence that Youtube profits from copyrighted material illegally? I'm genuinely curious to know.

DSOP said nothing about anything illegal.

It's called Google Adsense. Music copyright holders get a percentage of the advertising when the artist or label sets up a copyright cop deal with Youtube. Impressions do not get much money. But if there is a click thru, the artist can make 25 cents or more or less. Which is usually around 30-50% off the click thru charge for the advertisers.

If your song is used on a personal video, you could have it automatically deleted by Youtube, or have Youtube advertise the video with your soundtrack, and you get a cut. Anytime you see a video on a persons channel that is advertised with some popular music, Youtube will put ads on it, and add buy links for Amazon or iTunes.

Just like Meytal Cohen. She has ads on her drum play alongs----she does not get any cut of the ads, it goes to the copyright assignee.

That's why you never want to use any other images or music on a youtube video if you are set up for adsense. If it goes viral you are screwed.

But Youtube sucks. I have a whole album with ads. But for some reason, they won't allow two songs, which are mine. Losers/
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Drumming Chat”