BENNY GREB - New videos

bored at work

Re: BENNY GREB - New videos

Postby bored at work » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:03 am

Rodge wrote:I know the music business is not the same anymore, but who own a CD with Benny on drums ?

Anyway, I'm a HUGE fan of the Youtube's comments, crack me up most of the time, really !!! :D

I do!
langmick

Postby langmick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:19 am

who will take the place of Peter Gabriel, Joni Mitchell, Squeeze, Mr. Mister, Sting, Queen, Nik Kershaw, ELO, XTC, Kate Bush, and Steely Dan?

No one. This Greta Van Fleet band will be destroyed so we can get more Drake bilge.

Tribute acts perform the music, but won't be filling sheds in the summer.

They could do like Foreigner and refill with all new guys, but that's a risk.

Not sure who Benny can play with, if anyone.
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:18 pm

thewikiman wrote:I love Benny, saw him play last month and he was very funny and relaxed, as well as very creative and skillful as a player.

I wish, wish, wish he'd do more as part of a major artist's project though, rather than just music through his own lens. I know he hasn't JUST done his own thing but an association with a major act, seeing how he intepreted their music, would be so good. Gadd has Simon & Farfunkel, Weckl has Chick Corea, Erskine has Weather Report, Omar has Madonna, Vinnie has Sting, Herbie etc etc etc - all those guys from the previous generation have had their playing and legacy partly defined by looking outwards and making something really cool in a more mainstream arena, as well as doing the more muso stuff so well.

Anyway I feel like Greb is truly something fresh in a world where it's sooo hard to genuinely move the game on.

A huge part of it is that all of those artists are American, Benny is German, How many huge mainstream acts are from Germany?

Can't compare eras or regions. He has a discography outside of his own material, but no one knows about those artists.
thewikiman

Postby thewikiman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:12 am

Yeah the nationality thing is a valid point. Although someone like Manu Katche (French) has the same thing - developed his musical identity with artists like Gabriel (and Sting).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he NEEDS to do this for himself. He's got a great career going and he seems happy, and nothing is more important than that. I just selfishly wish, as a fan, that he would go out with a big artist so we can hear how his musical personality would come through in this situation.

It's the same other instruments, not just drums - the modern paradigm with YouTube and Instagram allows you to present yourself always in your own ideal musical circumstances, through your own personal drum-orientated lens, and often that's not when the most satisfying musical events happen.
____
Ned
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:44 am

[youtube_www]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=83&v=P5m2AvToeHM&feature=emb_title[/youtube_www]

Benny is completely NASTY
When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Benny is one player I just don´t get. He´s been playing the same stuff from the beginning. That faux latin thing gets old fast in my ears.
Take someone like Hass for instance. He´s in another galaxy altogether and doesn´t get half the exposure/recognition. Just sayin´.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:25 pm

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:48 am

This is the best snare drum ad I've ever seen. Check out the incredible shot at 0:30 !

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:44 am

Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:27 am

I´m loving this newBenny App (only for Apple, for now)
Easy, powerful and useful from the first second, with or without drums!

Return to “Drumming Chat”