BENNY GREB - New videos

Juan Expósito

Re: BENNY GREB - New videos

Postby Juan Expósito » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:22 am

About Benny´s next DVD (Crowdfunding). Looking for questions/answers to be included on it.:

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:40 am

Juan Expósito wrote:About Benny´s next DVD (Crowdfunding).

• it's cool that he's going to release new instructional material
• it's a pity that he's not going to release it on Blu-ray
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:21 am

Link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bennygreb

A wholistic concept to improve your Groove and Timefeel massively.

we´ll explore the subject in a fresh way and you´ll receive tons of useful ideas and exercises.

Why DVD / DVD-length download?

i wanna go deep and offer a wholistic approach how you can improve your Groove and Timefeel.

in order to get this system across in a comprehensible and fun way, i need the film / DVD format. its just not something where a 3min online video format makes sense …

i´ll use the same guy i did the award winning Language of Drumming DVD with and like with all my other Products you can be assured that the quality will be awesome and you´ll get a lot out of it.

where does the money go?

the money will go into the production entirely…specifically that means:

• Equipment (rental of cameras/Lenses/Monitors/cables/ batteries)
• Crew (Cameramen/ Director/Light/ Editing)
• Sound ( Sound Engineer / Soundequipment/Mix/Mastering)
• Location ( rental cost of The Studio(s) / Catering/Insurance / Travel-Logistics)
• Indiegogo (Fees / Postage / Materials)

Note : this Campaign works on an all or nothing basis

… in case i don´t reach the desired amount …everything will go back to the contributors and no DVD will be made (….and i will cry like a dog)

in case we surpass our goal … we´ll make an even better DVD.

Let's bury the myth that groove can´t be learned

and be the living proof that its a matter of practice and having the right tools

so now : we are ready to go! ….just choose one of the perks and before you know it you´ll be among the first who receives it.

and btw next time we see each other ill give you a hug!
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:11 am

That's how you do a trailer...FANTASTIC work.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:29 am

That's how you market a DVD project. He should just say send me your money. Not I need your help. Help? I guess that's the spin these days.
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Kurtis wrote:That's how you market a DVD project. He should just say send me your money. Not I need your help. Help? I guess that's the spin these days.

I'm going to agree. As to groove, sure you can learn it. You can learn anything. How well is another matter. Some people are going to groove better no matter how much money someone else sends Benny.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:55 pm

I was referring to the way the trailer was shot...lighting, camera work, audio...
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Old Pit Guy wrote:
Kurtis wrote:That's how you market a DVD project. He should just say send me your money. Not I need your help. Help? I guess that's the spin these days.

I'm going to agree. As to groove, sure you can learn it. You can learn anything. How well is another matter. Some people are going to groove better no matter how much money someone else sends Benny.

I think the idea of groove is to create a "synergy" between you and your instrument. I had been thinking about this after I realized that in my mind, my time is actually quite terrible. You could go on and on about keeping time in your mind or body...or whatever. You should work that when you sit down at the kit, you're always on 10...
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
langmick

Postby langmick » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:49 pm

It has nothing at all to do with your instrument of choice.

Think about it. Drum videos need to deal with music now, not just drums for their own sake.

Benny's groove is like how he sits at the drums, high and tight, but with control, a bit too much perhaps.

This could be interesting though, I'd buy this over a lot of other things being marketed.
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:41 am

That's very true about dealing with the music. Maybe learn to dance if you can't. Put on something you like and move your butt. Check your level of natural inclination for that … I'd be willing to bet guys with natural groove can dance with very little practice and not look terrible. Just a theory. I also do not know why funding projects for people who have already done projects funded by a company bothers me but it does. Marketing, probably. I detest most of it even though it is a necessary evil.

The trailer does look good. Probably because it is produced and shot by the people who will be doing the video.

Return to “Drumming Chat”