Rush video and pics from the Detroit show

langmick

Rush video and pics from the Detroit show

Postby langmick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:55 am

Video quality is not that great, I had to hide from the security dudes, and I had a gigantic family next to me sitting in seats that swayed to and from and up and down. So every time they moved, it shook me like I was in a clothes dryer.

But it was such a good show, my seats were killer, I had essentially the stage mix so everything was sounding pretty good, I could hear the strings. I am really enjoying their new stuff, and Neil played pretty strongly and there are interesting drumistic things going on if you dig into the music. The band just plays well live.

Recorded these with my Zoom Q3, the sound is great.

Last edited by langmick on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher

Re: Rush video from the Detroit show

Postby Christopher » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:32 am

Very cool! Nice sightline you had from those seats.

Thanks for sharing the vids.

I'm planning on going to the Philly show.

What the hell does Geddy have there? A popcorn popper? :)
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:54 am

cool vids and shots. never had seats on the side like that. looking forward to the show at the wells fargo center in philly
langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm

He has a large brain there too!
langmick

Re: Rush video and pics from the Detroit show

Postby langmick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:11 pm

I have a small story to tell about the show.

I have a friend who plays in a good U2 tribute here in Detroit, Zooropa. They're really good actually, and he's a great drummer.

Doesn't look like Larry Mullen Jr. though!

So I say I'm going to the show and he says his buddy Pete from the documentary will be there. Pete is a guy from Cleveland who saw all the European shows and ended up catching the guys who were making the documentary. They interviewed him.

I thought I was a hardcore, I've driven up and down the east coast going to shows...

This guy is ridiculous, he's seen over 110 Rush shows, he goes every tour out west to all kinds of shows. He's going back over to Europe...which sounds cool actually...I'd do that!

Another one of Jeff's friends show, he drove from Toronto, and will be driving back after the show.

I thought I was hardcore.

So Pete has front row center, which is nothing for him apparently, it's normal. Pete wore his Power Windows tee in, the one he bought on the Power Windows tour...hilarious.

Jeff, my buddy, doesn't have a ticket and has been partying for quite a while. I keep on telling him he needs to get a ticket, he keeps blowing me off saying it's not a big deal.

Eventually I go in, cuz I have to, and leave Jeff to his wits, but I got a feeling he'd be ok. He is a "dude", he gets the seats and hangs and said it's no problem.

I go in and am getting ready for the show and I look over and try to find Pete, who I see is in front row center...then I notice my friend Jeff, who is 6' 5". The friggin guy got 2nd row!

He told me later that he caught a chick outside who was trying to sell 2nd row that she paid 700 a piece for...

Ok...sure. So Jeff pulls out a hundy and says, with 5 min to go, here it is...then he says a hundred plus a beer...she's not biting...then a hundred twenty and a beer at 2 min. That one hit it.

I always meet some crazy fun people at Rush shows, they are a fun band...I was the last one to leave the lot, we were partying and having a good time and bullshitting big time.

I'm going to Buffalo and probably Cleveland...and maybe I'll just go with no ticket and see what happens.

AllenS

Postby AllenS » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Very cool...seeing them in San Jose tonight, I can't wait!
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 am

Cool shots man, thanks for sharing.
langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 am

Saw them in Cleveland 6th row. Drove down and back same day, in horribly shitty weather...totally worth it.

mp3s

First set
Second set

She's kinda cute...

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Great pix. What was the camera you used. Seems people are taking in some nice cameras these days.

Caught the show in Philly and it was excellent. Great production. Loved all the Power Windows songs. The new album was great live. Headlong flight and The anarchist were ballsy. Hope they come around again in 2013.
langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Canon S95.

It's not a bad point and shoot, small but does take some nice pics.

Canon S95

Oh, and I did in fact go to the Cleveland show without a ticket. Just drove down.

Felt liberating!

Return to “Drumming Chat”