Question for Gavin/Terry - Visions/Horizons DVD

Gaddabout

Question for Gavin/Terry - Visions/Horizons DVD

Postby Gaddabout » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:19 pm

I bought the 2-Disc Visions & Horizons DVD. The Visions DVD came with PDFs of exercises, so I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find lessons exercises on the Horizons DVD -- particularly the modulation exercises which were so freakin' cool. Am I just not looking in the right place, or should I buy an accompanying book? If so, is there one book that might encompass all the DVDs material, or all they sold separately? (Glancing through Amazon, the various material has me a bit confused).

Awesome stuff, BTW. Loving it.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Terry Branam

Re: Question for Gavin/Terry - Visions/Horizons DVD

Postby Terry Branam » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey Gaddabout,

I actually didn't have anything to do with the Rhythmic Visions or the Rhythmic Horizons DVDs. I do own them though. I have the individual releases of these DVDs and not the combo pack that is out currently.

That being said, if I remember correctly, the PDF files that are included would be either in the AUDIO_TS folder on side 2 of the disc or there may be an "Extras" folder. You would have to insert the DVD into a computer on side 2 (i think!) and open the actual disc on your desktop. Hope that makes some sense. Both DVDs are 2-sided (like a record). It's kind of like having 4DVDs!!

Shoot me a message if you still have some problems from here. Hope it helps!

As far as any accompanying books, Rhythmic Illusions and Rhythmic Perspectives are also available. The books came out first, and the DVDs sort of expand upon those concepts. There is a whole bunch of stuff in the books that isn't on the DVDs. I would recommend checking it out. I'm still finding stuff in there every time I get into them! Pretty crazy stuff.

And of course, if you're so inclined, check out Rhythmic Designs. It's a book of transcriptions that I did, with another 2-sided DVD included all together. That one covers the application of some of Gavin's concepts used in a musical context (with 05ric) along with recording techniques, tuning and a ton more.

Well geez, that's a lot of info.... Have fun man!

Terry
Check out my app PERFECT RHYTHM on the App store!
Gaddabout

Re: Question for Gavin/Terry - Visions/Horizons DVD

Postby Gaddabout » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks, Terry! I knew you'd know.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.

Return to “Drumming Chat”