Cindy on Dennis's drums....

Avi_drums

Re: Cindy on Dennis's drums....

Postby Avi_drums » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Kurtis wrote:Dennis is a musician/drum god. His drum sound is fine. His playing is beyond untouchable. He's a great person. I love everything about his sound and playing. Dennis hits the drums extreamly hard and he doesn't use big sticks. I've seen him many times live with limited mics. He hits a million times harder than Cindy.

Yea, I have never seen anybody hit the drums as hard as him. It was like the bass drum and toms were going to explode. Incredible touch.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 pm

MARACATU

Postby MARACATU » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 am

timmy wrote:i'd like to see dennis on cindy's kit :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BWw3OLiJ3tA#t=227s
;)
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:07 am

Oh man, I love how he sounds/plays on that smaller setup! :)
Sam

Postby Sam » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:55 pm

MARACATU wrote:
timmy wrote:i'd like to see dennis on cindy's kit :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BWw3OLiJ3tA#t=227s
;)

Jesus Mary & Holy St. Joseph :shock: :shock: :shock:
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 pm

This thread is weird. DC's snare always sounds thin and his toms very choked. It's the same live Pearl sound Chambers had in the 80s. Check out Scofield's 'Pick Hits' and tell me that's not the same sound.

Just a matter of physics. CB's 1/3rd the size of Chambers. Small woman + thin-sounding drums = really, really thin sound with the drummer having to expend twice the amount of energy. Chambers, of course, has to work very little getting HIS sound from HIS unusual kit setup.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
littlegrooves

Postby littlegrooves » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:08 pm

This thread has gotten quite silly. Someone sits in on someone else's drums and doesn't sound good and it is worth 46+ posts? Drums are most likely the most personal instruments in the world, based on the number of variables one can change. Therefore, it is a surprise that someone struggles when playing someone else's kit, especially when you look at the physical difference between these individuals?

C'mon, y'all. Can we get back to dissing the musical validity of Dave's new project or posting videos of people throwing gear onstage? More important topics await...
willyz

Postby willyz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Matt and littlegrooves really hit the nail on the head here.

I think Cindy sounds great behind a Gretsch kit with her cymbals, doing her thing with all the Tony-isms, and Dennis sounds great (though I can't say his playing really inspires me too much, except for maybe on the Scofield stuff back in the day) on his kit. Two different players, different styles, etc. It's not rocket science.

It's funny, after playing sitting down behind Holmes kit the other day, my first reactions were things like how to you play your floor tom angled like that, how do you reach this, etc, etc, and I couldn't get the quite the same sound from his kit that he could. I'm sure he'd say the same thing about sitting behind my kit. It doesn't matter what "level" you're at to an extent, but this stuff will always be a factor no matter who you are.

/thread. Onward!
Got Blushda?

Return to “Drumming Chat”