Hey Gavin Harrison, how did you like NAMM?

robhaerr

Hey Gavin Harrison, how did you like NAMM?

Postby robhaerr » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 pm

Hey Gavin...

There are several videos on YouTube being the consumate salesman with your signature snare. I used to work for Paiste, then Pearl...but I haven't been to a NAMM Show since 1991. I still have the headache and aching feet just thinking about it!

I would love to know how you liked playing the salesman part now that you have a product with your name on it...Congratulations!

Great job describing the features and benefits...this video must have been after many explanations and dealing with all the noise in the hall...

Love this one...love the gentle way you explain the meaning of "Protean"...
Randy Walker

Re: Hey Gavin Harrison, how did you like NAMM?

Postby Randy Walker » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:19 am

i had the chance to see Gavin and talk with him briefly. the new snare is really cool.
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am

The implementation of the three wire set is nice, but the proprietary angle of it becomes a pricey proposition if you don't buy the full course and later need wires. I guess that's one way to encourage the purchase of the full course.
Gavin Harrison

Postby Gavin Harrison » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi Rob
yes NAMM was pretty intense and I got a bad case of NAMM-thrax. I got very ill by the second day - I guess I shook hands with too many folks...and I was only there for 2 days. I met a lot of nice people and I was thrilled to meet Steve Schaeffer (one of my childhood favourites) and it turns out he's a really nice guy too.

I think I did 6 video interviews in one day so my throat was giving out from shouting over the background noise. I sure felt silly saying the same thing over and over all day but the reaction to the snare was very good.

cheers
Gavin (in Richmond VA)
robhaerr

Postby robhaerr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:22 am

Gavin Harrison wrote:Hi Rob
yes NAMM was pretty intense and I got a bad case of NAMM-thrax. I got very ill by the second day - I guess I shook hands with too many folks...and I was only there for 2 days. I met a lot of nice people and I was thrilled to meet Steve Schaeffer (one of my childhood favourites) and it turns out he's a really nice guy too.

I think I did 6 video interviews in one day so my throat was giving out from shouting over the background noise. I sure felt silly saying the same thing over and over all day but the reaction to the snare was very good.

cheers
Gavin (in Richmond VA)

Loved your passion as you explain the features and benefits...it is fun to sell a product when you really believe in it...even somewhat boring business-to-business supplies when they can really makes someone's job easier, more efficient, and more enjoyable to do. I miss the musical instrument business and don't miss it just as much.

I do miss meeting great influences who turn out to be great guys.

If your drumming gig doesn't work out...you have a future in sales! ("You can always do the 'drumming thing' for fun")

Absolutely love seeing stand-up guys like you and Todd Sucherman having fun with the business side...well deserved.

Rob
..."NAMM-thrax"...nice.
Last edited by robhaerr on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:16 pm

I was going to say I bet your throat was shot after talking all day. You needed a drink in just that one video alone.
janne jansson

Postby janne jansson » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:06 am

i would buy a car from this gentlemen and for sure this great looking snaredrum!
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Any news on the pricing of the snares?
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:53 pm

I figure it's a few mortgage house payments.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:30 pm

I think the 14" will retail around $950.

Return to “Drumming Chat”