Boston

willyz

Boston

Postby willyz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Don't know if anyone is out there, but just in case I hope you're safe.

Terrible things are happening. Positive vibes to all those out in Boston.
Got Blushda?
Matthijs Ament

Re: Boston

Postby Matthijs Ament » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Boston = no words...
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Had two friends I grew up with run the marathon today. Their knees didn't let them finish the race. And that's a good thing.
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Following the story with a pit in my stomach. Thoughts and prayers.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Horrendous photos and news coming out of Boston. Thoughts are with the Bostonians
Steve Michaud

Postby Steve Michaud » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:45 am

Hello All,

Thank you very much for the well wishes. I live in Cambridge--just a few miles from Copley Square. I was actually in the square just a few days ago with my son. Indeed, very sad--I was actually doing my own run in Cambridge near the time of the explosions. Thanks for checking in--I hope that fellow HOD Bostonians are ok!

Steve Michaud
Randy Walker

Postby Randy Walker » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:29 am

sick ppl out there, horrible. i know John DeChristopher is ok, he was flying to the UK with his family
Willie Bruno

Postby Willie Bruno » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks for checking in Willy, and for your thoughts and prayers everyone.
I was with my sister and cousins in Kenmore square when it happened, but we are all safe! My girlfriend was also by the finish line watching a friend run and had left about a half hour before the explosion so she is safe as well! Glad to hear you and your family are ok too Steve.
It's a strange scene here, I'm in my last semester at Berklee which is right at the edge of the crime scene so we've been off from school for the past two days. I hope all other Boston HODers and they're families are safe too!
Keeping the victims and their families in my thoughts and prayers!

Willie
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 am

EDIT:

CNN and other outlets found themselves with egg on their face when they reported that an arrest had been made in the Boston bombings and were then forced to walk that news back.

Though it was not alone, CNN took the brunt of the blame for its faulty reporting. It was the first and most prominent outlet to tout its scoop.

The network's John King, citing multiple sources, said that an arrest had been made. Fran Townsend, a contributor to the network, also said it had been made.

The Boston Globe agreed. Fox News also reported an arrest. The Associated Press did so as well.

Leading the way in its dispute of that story was NBC News. Citing multiple federal sources, he said, "No arrest has been made."

"The FBI is looking for someone. They have a face. They don't know where he is," Williams said.

CBS News also tweeted that no arrest had been made.

Some minutes later, CNN suddenly appeared to be walking back its story:

Eventually, Tom Fuentes, a former FBI agent, came on CNN. He reported that not only had no arrest been made, but that there was not even anyone in custody.

"Initial reports, so often are wrong," Anderson Cooper said mournfully.

The AP, Globe and Fox News eventually joined CNN in walking back their story.

The Boston Police department then sealed the deal by tweeting that no arrest had been made.

For CNN and Fox News, the botched reporting will be a painful reminder of their last high-profile failure, when they incorrectly said that the Supreme Court had overturned the Affordable Care Act.

Source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 02680.html
Robert Bluman

Postby Robert Bluman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:51 pm

It's an insane world we live in. We all being musicians come from love and passion. This why discussions get heated and we want to kick each others asses, but when it comes down to it, we hug and embrace and respect our differences. Don't know if you noticed, musicians always hug other musicians. Even if they don't know each other. I don't know what all this hate is about, but I do know Americans are just as guilty and brainwashed as Muslims. I have a very heavy heart right now. I can't fathom these acts. Although 9-11 was the worst event like this ever, this reminds of it. I find my eyes welling up when I see the photos of people helping people in these times of crisis.

Return to “Drumming Chat”