USA Tour!!

Mark P

Re: USA Tour!!

Postby Mark P » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:13 am

Morgenthaler wrote:"an artist called Sarah Brightman" - Is that reservation necessary for the US audience?
Congrats, Mark, that's a MAJOR tour. I bet most Europeans will know her well.

Have a good one!

Thanks mate, well, I wasn't too sure if there was much of a presence over there, but it seems like she is well known!
I am over in your neck of the woods in December, so beers on me!

Jim Richman wrote:
Mark P wrote:Be great to meet you finally!
MP

I still remember the AC/DC Brady Snare. Awesome!

Oh yeah Jim!
I still use that ALL the time!!

langmick wrote:Ill be in Detroit then. Ill show you all the blown out buildings. ;)

Sounds fantastic LangMick! My email is mark pusey at hotmail.com, let's have food, drink and some drum chat!

GoAndPractice wrote:Yeah that's quite a schedule!

What's the story? How did you get connected with this gig? Where are you based out of? I'm always curious to hear peoples "how I got the gig"...

GoAndPractice, I got it mainly through the keyboard player and through the producer of her album, Mike Hedges. Mike is a bit of a genius and he recommended me. The musical director Pete had heard about me and agreed. That was that!

beat hit wrote:I just checked her out on youtube and yes, this is a very serious gig.. Which speaks loud and clear about who you are as a musician/drummer !! Good for you Mark!!

Mark.. Send me a PM and we can try to hook-up in Toronto.. Ciao!

Beat Hit!
I'd love that, I have never been to Toronto before, so I'd love to hang and check out the city if you have the time!

MP
Mark P

Postby Mark P » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:00 am

Hello chaps!

Well, we hit the USA this morning after some gigs and production rehearsals in beautiful Canada.
We are in beautiful Boston today, so I'm heading off to have lunch at the Zildjian factory with a few friends. That place is like heaven for a geek like me! I'll try to take some pics and post them for y'all.

Saw a couple of drumming friends in Montreal and Ottawa already, and still looking to hang with as many folks as I can, so the offer of tickets to the shows and coffee still applies.

LA guys, I get in to LA on the 31st, so if anyone fancies a hang or anything around then, let's make it happen!

Mark
x
willyz

Postby willyz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:39 am

Mark- noted! We'll make it happen!

Cheers.
Got Blushda?
Lorenzini

Postby Lorenzini » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm down for hosting a HOD hang on or around your dates in LA at my studio! I would love to come and see you do your thing Mark...
Randy Walker

Postby Randy Walker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:39 am

look forward to seein ya Mark
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Oh shit Nov 1st HOD hang? That's a Friday though. =(
Randy Walker

Postby Randy Walker » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 am

fridays are bad Steve?
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:28 am

For folks that don't live close to Scott's and work during the week, yes. =)
Lorenzini

Postby Lorenzini » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Let's get a date in the books that works! Looking forward to seeing everybody sooner than later....
Mark P

Postby Mark P » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:23 am

Hey guys!
Greetings from Cincinnati, Ohio. It's been so cool so far going around, meeting drummers, hanging, and chatting about music. The show is it going really well too, the gig in New York at Radio City Music Hall was really good fun, I always wanted to play that venue anyway.

So, as far as I hang in LA is concerned, I have the day off on Thursday 31st of October. I know that is Halloween, but we have a show on the day of the first and I have to be at the sound check down at the Dolby Theatre at 3 PM. That means, unless there is a hang that morning, it is going to have to be on the Thursday 31st. I know people work during the day, but I am free in the evening too, even if it is just for some food and a catch up? How do people feel about giving up trick or treating for the drums?!

Lorenzini, as always, you are the man!

Randy, we are in Phoenix on Wednesday the 30th at the Commercia Theatre. Let me know if you want some tickets!

MP

Return to “Drumming Chat”