D'Addario aquires Pro Mark

willyz

Re: D'Addario aquires Pro Mark

Postby willyz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:35 am

However, I'd like to point out that while the weight varied a lot between pairs, Todd's signature stick might be the best stick that Promark make. I could dig through several pairs and walk out of the store with some great feeling heavy maple sticks.
Got Blushda?
Mark P

Postby Mark P » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:07 pm

It's official,

Zildjian now own Vic Firth...

MP
Henry II

Postby Henry II » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 pm

DSOP wrote:
deseipel wrote:D’Addario’s team of LEAN manufacturing experts will immediately begin a LEAN transformation at the company’s Houston facilities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_manufacturing

From your wiki link:

"Basically, lean is centered on preserving value with less work. Lean manufacturing is a generic process management philosophy derived mostly from the Toyota Production System (TPS) (hence the term Toyotism is also prevalent) and identified as "Lean" only in the 1990s.[1][2] It is renowned for its focus on reduction of the original Toyota seven wastes to improve overall customer value, but there are varying perspectives on how this is best achieved. The steady growth of Toyota, from a small company to the world's largest automaker,[3] has focused attention on how it has achieved this."

Soooo, I guess this means we can expect Pro Mark to begin employing manufacturing practices that result in dangerously defective products and massive recalls!

Great! :|
Last edited by Henry II on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III
Henry II

Postby Henry II » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Paul Rivet wrote:
Randy Walker wrote:Rick Drumm is a great guy and drummer too. He was at Remo for years and Vic Firth before D'addarrio

Everyone should be so ideally suited to their job!

I guess with a name like mine I should be working in a denim factory, or construction! hehehehh

Aviation sheet metal mechanic!
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III

Return to “Drumming Chat”