Blew my back out

littlegrooves

Re: Blew my back out

Postby littlegrooves » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:31 pm

sejuba wrote:
littlegrooves wrote: And for the love of God please do not do any deadlifts or squats until you are certain that you have isolated and fixed your problem!!! Jesus...

Wuut?? Man up, brother !! I´m kidding. You´re totally right. I meant it as a long term thing after you get cleared by your doctor.

I started deadlifting about a month ago and after the second or third time I did it, when I woke up the next day my lower back AND my abs were sore (in a good way). It takes some time to master the exercise, so if you ever attempt it PLEASE be careful. Anyway, I had spent a lot of time trying to fix my posture by working on the wrong areas... I´m hooked to this thing now. It is awesome!!

take care man

I totally agree. deadlifts and squats are two of the most useful exercises that anyone could do. Period. People can do all the fancy exercises they want, but give me a complex lift like these and I'm golden-- single best way to work your core. Granted, this is all when one is cleared to do them (as you said above). I cringe at the thought of the disasters that could happen otherwise.

Sejuba, have you checked out the books by a fellow named Mark Rippetoe? If you are just getting into it, then you may want to look into his book "Starting Strength". This is the bible for deadlifting, squatting, benching, clean/jerking, etc. Don't let the term "starting" fool you, this book is for any level, but especially helpful when first getting into it to get good habits and understanding of mechanics established.

If you calculate the amount of torque one places on their body from just being a few inches out of line when doing these, then it is a wonder that injuries don't occur more often; hence, this is a great book to ensure against such mechanics issues. I always refer back to it as a refresher to make sure I'm not straying from good form. His other books are good, too, with his next book "Practical Programming for Strength Training" being a great one for when you really want to get into how to set up and maximum your short and long term goals.

http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength ... ewpoints=1
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:28 am

Avi_drums

Postby Avi_drums » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Wax on, wax off...
sejuba

Postby sejuba » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:07 pm

[/quote]

Sejuba, have you checked out the books by a fellow named Mark Rippetoe?

http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength ... ewpoints=1[/quote]

Yeah, I read that name recently and didn´t know what they were talking about. Thanx man, will definitely check it out.

Return to “Drumming Chat”