Sometimes I just love my job

Matus

Sometimes I just love my job

Postby Matus » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:42 am

Well, I always love it, no matter what, but there are special nights where you really hit it. Last monday was one of them.
Now, I'm mostly associated with rock/metal music but most of my carreer has been based on working as a session musician and I really love it, there are just some times when you work with someone that's so damn good it gives you the chills. This time, we've been rehearsing to no end for like a month, with smaller gigs in between, preparing for this specific album presentation and the following tour on smaller places. After that load of work, we spent all day at the theatre, setting up, soundchecking, rehearsing and being tired. And it all started taking shape: the back curtain, lights, clothing, set list... Somehow it all worked together and the crowd was so receiving it all became a very special night. And that's something rare, I've experienced that with my own projects or some that I'm more closely related to, but this was really one of a kind, having someone up front you technically work for but who's really carrying the whole weight of the show with such a great quality.
Just wanted to share because a week later I'm still anxious to start the actual tour next year :)
Some poor quality vids:

Not your usual fusion drumming thread, I'm afraid :mrgreen: Couldn't find any vids of the last section of the show, with the more dance-like tunes, which we basically play full blast :mrgreen:
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
YamahaPlayer

Re: Sometimes I just love my job

Postby YamahaPlayer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:05 am

Awesome show! That had to be a blast to play.

I know what you mean, sometimes everything just clicks and there is such a profound joy to playing music, feeling the energy, it's epic.
Jim Richman

Re: Sometimes I just love my job

Postby Jim Richman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:47 am

Totally awesome. I love the lights. Killer.
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Drumming Chat”