Santana Reunites With Ex-Bandmate Marcus Malone

amoergosum

Santana Reunites With Ex-Bandmate Marcus Malone

Postby amoergosum » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:59 am

Love it >>>

More than four decades after Carlos Santana and his drummer Marcus Malone parted ways, the two were reunited on the streets of Oakland, California, where the talented musician has been living after falling on hard times.

The heartwarming encounter was made possible thanks to the efforts of local news reporter Stanley Roberts, who came across Malone earlier this month while reporting on illegal dumpsites for his segment 'People Behaving Badly' for the station KRON4.

Source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html

Sunday on CNN, Santana says he’s ready to help his former bandmate get back on his feet.

“I want to offer him a place to stay in an apartment, get him some clothes, and just get him out of the street,” Santana said.

Beyond that, Carlos says he wants to bring the original Santana Blues Band members, including Marcus together to make music.

“I want to offer my brother Marcus Malone an opportunity to record on the next album with the original band, with Greg Rolie,” Santana says. ” We wrote a song for him called ‘Magnificent Marcus Malone.’ We want him to play on it and we’re going to start, Lord willing, in January or February. So I would like to get him some congas so he can get his hands hard again because he hasn’t been playing the congas in a while.”

Santana says he offers his “heart’s gratitude” to Stanley for starting the process that led to the reunion.

“I’ve been at KRON 4 a long time,” Stanley said. “This is the biggest story I’ve come across. It all happened by happenstance, being at the right place at the right time. I firmly believe there is a reason for everything and I want to see Marcus perform with the band again.”

Source:
http://news.kron4.com/news/santana-plan ... -bandmate/

Return to “Drumming Chat”