Video and Audio synchronizing

drummerjeff

Video and Audio synchronizing

Postby drummerjeff » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:09 pm

So I am trying to record little drum solos to music on my electronic kit. I have a yamaha dtx that feeds the midi to my computer via usb which controls the addictive drums. I am trying to sync the audio with the video in after effects(the only video program I have) and it is turning out very difficult. Does anyone have any advice in this area?
this is the best I could do after a ton of tries http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WPHJdLUjA&feature=youtu.be
chris perra

Re: Video and Audio synchronizing

Postby chris perra » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:40 pm

When you play the kit are you hearing the addictive drums live? With no lag?..

If so it should be as easy as using a video editor and lining up the waves to each other..

Step 1 make sure the video you are recording has audio from the same source you are monitoring.. and it's lag free..
Step 2 render the audio you recorded into a separate audio wave or aiff
Step 3 use video editing software to replace recorded audio with video audio after lining them up.
drummerjeff

Postby drummerjeff » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:40 am

chris perra wrote:When you play the kit are you hearing the addictive drums live? With no lag?..

If so it should be as easy as using a video editor and lining up the waves to each other..

Step 1 make sure the video you are recording has audio from the same source you are monitoring.. and it's lag free..
Step 2 render the audio you recorded into a separate audio wave or aiff
Step 3 use video editing software to replace recorded audio with video audio after lining them up.

No... I tried a bunch of different settings so I just turned off record monitering in reaper... I thought it would be easy by just lining up the waveforms... but it turns out... not so easy.. I line up the wave forms in after effects and that is the best I can seem to get
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 am

Does the video audio get the same sound you are listening too in your headphones. If so that should line up waveform wise in the video editor.

. I use Vegas . My video cameras get the live source of my acoustic drums.. I mix my audio in Cubae. . Then sync that audio in Vegas using waveforms

Should be the same unless one of the 2 audio sources have lag. Sometimes it can be a mismatch of samplerates
as well..

Return to “Drumming Chat”