Name changes!!

Patrick Tiglao

Re: Name changes!!

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:20 am

I was ptrack but I have decided to use my real name now .
There is nothing left to say.
drumdawg

Postby drumdawg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Welcome to the new site everyone. Nice upgrade Steve and thanks for keeping this place alive and thriving.
Since we're re-introducing ourselves, my name is Sammy j Watson, but change is very bad and scary so i will still go by Drumdawg. Probably the same reason i have lots of cymbals so you can't see me :)
Peace everyone...
leedaviesdrums

Postby leedaviesdrums » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Well as my username suggests my name is errr Lee Davies, Not posted for a long time on the old forums, until like 2 days ago and saw that Steve was making the change over to here!, this is the Phoenix setup of the forums! Pearl forum anyone?? :shock:
nomsgmusic

Postby nomsgmusic » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 pm

The new site looks great Steve!!! I can't even imagine how much time this stuff must take, damn, and thanks.

My real name is Mark Griffith, there is (or maybe was) a link to my Vic Firth, and my Paiste endorser pages (as well as to a page for the label that I have recorded for) that all have my name in the url, so I'm not hiding or being deceptive. Any site I join, that's my name. My publishing company is called NO MSG MUSIC, it's my email, and I sign emails to friends MSG (although I do think that this society is becoming way too initial happy.) And some REALLY old friends even call me MG.

Here's the story...

MSG are my initials, and anyone who knows me knows how much I love good Chinese food (well, all GOOD food,) hence the NO MSG reference. And when you think about it, MSG is added to food as an "artificial taste enhancer," sort of foods answer to insincerity. I hate when people try to "artificially enhance" their music, insincerity in art is just repulsive to me!!! Hence NO MSG MUSIC. I'll probably use it in my website, as I'm starting to work on that lately (hence my extreme appreciation to Steve for the work he does here.)

It works on many levels, I'm keeping it.

MSG, Mark, (whatever, just spell my name right on the check, and in the credits!)
[url][/url]bluejayrecords.com/drumatic
[url][/url]vicfirth.com/artists/mark_griffith.html
JohnDrum

Postby JohnDrum » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:58 am

I agree - new forum is great, so in the spirit of openess, transparency yadda, yadda, I'd like to change my user name to the real one: John Harrison, but how do I do it?
Just tried to edit my profile, but it wouldn't let me change the user name?
Help?

:?
People whistle the song -they don't whistle your drum part - Ringo Starr
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:05 am

I think that you have to do a new registration, as a new user.
Wait until Steve confirms that.
cristaples

Postby cristaples » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:20 pm

I use cristaples for everything. Combining my real names and dropping the 'h'
Mike Meyers

Postby Mike Meyers » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:26 am

I changed my username from drumgod1 to my real one. No, I was not in the Halloween movies and I don't know Garth, but..."Danger" IS my middle name! :)

Mike
Guess what...I got a fever and the only prescription...is more cowbell!
moose

Postby moose » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Nah. Just a little truncation to reduce the typing. It's still me, saying little that's of use to anyone.

Return to “Drumming Chat”