Your Latest Fav Piece-a-Gear?

Jim Richman

Re: Your Latest Fav Piece-a-Gear?

Postby Jim Richman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:
Jim Richman wrote:I got the coolest Danmar felt beaters!!!

How would you describe their weight, as compared to the DW 2-sided beaters, or the Tama Iron Cobra flat faced round beaters?
I'd say they are similar to the DW. They are heavier that the Demon Drive felt beaters, and lighter than the Candy Apple red wood beaters.
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:41 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:
bstocky wrote:My all time favorite piece of gear is still the DW 9000 hi-hat stand.

I bought one of those a few months back and found it to be too wobbly. I returned it after one rehearsal. It was also a bit of an ordeal to set up and take down.

The feel was very nice, I must admit.

A lot of people complain that they wobble. I've clamped little snares or toms off the side, percussion ... it never moves. I do the hyper heel/toe foot splash thing where your hi-hats wobble around (Steve Smith, Carlock, Benny) and my stand never moves.
It is really heavy though. I completely understand what you're saying.

Have you tried Sonor's best hh stand? That one must be nice because I see guys that refuse to give it up.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 am

bstocky wrote:Have you tried Sonor's best hh stand? That one must be nice because I see guys that refuse to give it up.

I'm pretty sure I know the stand you're referring to, and I don't think Sonor makes that stand anymore. I'm currently using Yamaha's two legged stand which is very nice and doesn't wobble. I'd like to try Tama's latest stands too. I used to use a Tama stand years ago when they first came out with their lever-glide thingamabob, and it felt great.

I wanted that DW stand to work, because I like my pedals to match, but...oh well.
Christopher

Postby Christopher » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:45 pm

bclarkio wrote:
I think I must have been influenced by your post, because about a week and a half ago I bought this off Ebay.

Ha!

Nice… We can start an "Ugly Cowbell Club"

Who's in?

:)
Rhythmatist

Postby Rhythmatist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Sorry, no pic yet...my latest fave is an ART S8 eight channel splitter and 2 Hosa color-coded snakes. This allows me to use my mixer for my IEM and give an independent signal to FOH...I'm happy, sound-tech is happy. And, no more running IEM through an aux send...I can use my faders which gives me a better visual and more control.
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:30 am

Does gear I want but I'm too poor to afford count? I saw a Zoom R8 on Craigslist recently...good price, and I think it's time to start investing in DIY recording equipment. Every drum video you seem to see these days is UBER produced and sounds awesome...Figure I don't have much to offer until that happens. Peace.
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Here´s mine... Damn loud! :lol:

Richie Jarvis

Postby Richie Jarvis » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:23 pm

Well after a long design period the snare drum that I designed is finally completed and is dedicated to our first born.

The snare was made by Evetts Drum Co here is Australia and is custom built from the ground up, it's a 14 x 5.75 Tasmanian Blackwood with Tamo Ash veneer with a satin Tamo Ash interior with a cherry black burst.

This drum just sounds and looks amazing.

Tamo Ash veneer.

Shell ready for paint.

Painted.

Interior.

Name plate.

Completed drum with interior inspection.

Finished product.

Return to “Drumming Chat”