OT: World Cup Chatty

Julián Fernández

OT: World Cup Chatty

Postby Julián Fernández » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:36 pm

There will be no WC before the finals, and I wanna say that Argentina is playing an amazing cup...
Mascherano played like there was no tomorrow... What a game! 8-) 8-) 8-)
gretsch-o-rama

Re: OT: World Cup Chatty

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm

I can't say that I follow soccer(football) much but I've been following Matt Garrison's posts about it. They're funny because of how worked up he is about it. haha My brother is heavily into World Cup and League stuff and I'm pretty sure he has a gambling problem with it. Or did, at least, at one time.
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:44 am

Germany FTW!!!

By the way >>>

Germany's 7-1 victory over Brazil in the World Cup semi-final sent shockwaves around the football world, but it was also a big deal on Twitter.

The social network says that the match became its most discussed sports game ever, with 35.6m tweets. It easily beat the previous record of 24.9m tweets set by the Super Bowl earlier in 2014.

Germany's fifth goal, scored by Sami Khedira, also broke another Twitter record, helping the match peak at 580,166 tweets per minute (TPM).

Source:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... mi-khedira
Last edited by amoergosum on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:49 am

Edit.
Last edited by amoergosum on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:46 am

The best way to watch soccer is the over under on how many dives/fake injuries there are per half.

The Neymar injury was wild I couldn't believe how they just rolled him onto a odd stretcher thing.. with no real locking down and stabilizing him first like they do in every other sport that they suspect a back injury... I guess they thought it was another pseudo fake injury. No biggie..
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:09 am

chris perra wrote:The Neymar injury was wild I couldn't believe how they just rolled him onto a odd stretcher thing.. with no real locking down and stabilizing him first like they do in every other sport that they suspect a back injury... I guess they thought it was another pseudo fake injury. No biggie..

Yes, that was absolutely unprofessional and could have caused paralysis >>>

In a scary twist on the already scary injury to Neymar, it’s been revealed that the Brazil striker couldn’t feel his legs and feared he was paralyzed after taking a knee to the back in a flying challenge that ruled him out of the World Cup.

“He said: ‘I can’t feel my legs',” explained Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, speaking to Marca.

Neymar apparently made the comment to his teammate Marcelo, who was first to arrive at his side as he lay writhing in agony on the pitch. Brazil was in the home stretch of a 2-1 quarterfinal win over Colombia, when Neymar was struck from behind by a crunching challenge from Juan Zuniga.

Source:
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-d ... 49326.html

Neymar reportedly fractured the 3rd lumbar vertebrae in his lower back, a condition that can potentially destabilize the spine. When someone suffers a vertebral fracture, the most important thing to assess is the stability of the spine. An unstable spine can compromise the spinal cord, which can potentially lead to paralysis. In fact, the manner in which FIFA's doctors removed Neymar from the field—he was carried off on an unrestrained stretcher—could have, in the very worst case, caused paralysis from the jarring motion. Ideally, you'd see players' spines restrained — and their neck stabilized if the injury is higher up — anytime someone needs to be carried off due to a possible spine injury.

Source:
http://regressing.deadspin.com/no-neyma ... 1600514605
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:47 pm

Edit.
Last edited by amoergosum on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:53 am

If Germany can't win that one, they'll have to blame nothing than themselves, they are way above Argentina, but the truth will come on the field, so they have to prove that they are the best, they deserve to win.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:15 am

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 am

1 hour!!!
Man...I'm so excited!

Return to “Drumming Chat”