Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Paul Marangoni

Re: Cobham back with Tama

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm on a roll:
langmick

Postby langmick » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:07 pm

There are a lot of used drumsets on the market.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:22 am

Is it possible that the standard of quality from generation to generation changes? Is it possible that an amazing sounding kit while being subjective just is not as important as it used to be? I often find that drummers simply do not have an idea of what they want their sound to be, or how they want their drums to sound before they actually hit them.

Most drummers get those ideas from the pros they admire. But now a lot of pros have questionable or inconsistent drum sounds so it feeds that cycle of the kid going to GC and buying DW simply because.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:35 pm

That´s great, Paul! Keep doing them... :)
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Steve Holmes wrote:Is it possible that the standard of quality from generation to generation changes? Is it possible that an amazing sounding kit while being subjective just is not as important as it used to be? I often find that drummers simply do not have an idea of what they want their sound to be, or how they want their drums to sound before they actually hit them.

Most drummers get those ideas from the pros they admire. But now a lot of pros have questionable or inconsistent drum sounds so it feeds that cycle of the kid going to GC and buying DW simply because.

I believe that at least 70% of all sales are drummers that are "unhappy" with their current, perfectly high quality drum set. I always cringe when I see someone trying to sell their three month old SQ2. But it happens all the time.
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
moose

Postby moose » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:17 am

Erskoman too, it seems.

Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:50 am

gretsch-o-rama wrote:
Steve Holmes wrote:Is it possible that the standard of quality from generation to generation changes? Is it possible that an amazing sounding kit while being subjective just is not as important as it used to be? But now a lot of pros have questionable or inconsistent drum sounds so it feeds that cycle of the kid going to GC and buying DW simply because.

I believe that at least 70% of all sales are drummers that are "unhappy" with their current, perfectly high quality drum set. I always cringe when I see someone trying to sell their three month old SQ2. But it happens all the time.

Going by drum forums, I would say at least half of sales are nothing more and nothing less than g.a.s.
percusski

Postby percusski » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:34 am

I must say, the Tama drums in Erskine's video do sound good and I'd love to buy what he's saying about 'being 60 and now seeking out exactly the sound he's after' but...
Great job on the 'hitler tama' video...
Are Dw drums really that bad, I think with a bit of time I could get a sound I like out of most drums.... Maybe not like my Sonor Lites though lol
It's been a very long time since I bought a new kit, I think I remember it being exciting... Nowadays it's more about finding 'that cymbal '
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:25 am

Old Pit Guy wrote:g.a.s.

?

Return to “Drumming Chat”