PHOTOS: Shannon Forrest's new drum kit with TOTO!

Clint Hopkins

Re: PHOTOS: Shannon Forrest's new drum kit with TOTO!

Postby Clint Hopkins » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:58 am

willyz wrote: And unless you're an 11 year old, homophobic, right-wing, Christian from the south of the United States, I'd stop calling things 'gay'.

Is that what right wing Christians from the South do? Just curious.
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:59 am

Steve, how about new HTML markers: [sarcasm] [/sarcasm]
kinkymook

Postby kinkymook » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:58 am

Good Lord....
I'm with Willy on this-Shannon Forrest (who is quite possibly the closest thing to "Jeff reincarnate" we'll ever hear) gets the gig he's been practicing for his whole life, has a beautiful kit made by Brady (complete with a rack and tom arms similar to what Jeff used), and the large percentage of the comments here are negative.
Really?
And I wonder why the "Big Boys" don't chime in as often on HOD anymore...
Opinionated, sarcastic punks suck all the positive vibes out of the room and the discussion. If I wanted that, I'd head over to the Pearl forum.
If Jeff were part of this discussion, I have no doubt he'd be praising Shannon and talking about how insane that kit is. In everything you'll ever hear or read about him, you'll hear this: Jeff had class. Jeff was professional. Jeff was someone people looked forward to having around, for his playing and his positive vibe.
22 years since he (Jeff) passed on. A monster, musical player, who played for the song, and who carried himself like a professional, missed by many.
Maybe think about what you write and how you represent yourself here before you hit "send".
Let's all try to be a little more like Jeff..
D.
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:00 am

That's why I myself, for example, have just refrained from making any comments whatsoever on the topic, because this gig is so heavy-weight that whatever I say is just going to look stupid. I mean, c'mon, whoever gets to play with TOTO must be doing very well for himself. All the best to Shannon!

Re the comments, I remember back in the day there was a guy around him named Josiah and he was a bit of a shit-stirrer. I haven't seen him around for ages but maybe Gretsch-o-Rama is just trying to fill the vacuum ;)

kinkymook wrote:If I wanted that, I'd head over to the Pearl forum.

My thougths exactly :D
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:11 am

Fuck Josiah. Enough said. If you can't understand sarcasm, you should consider taking some vitamins for a healthy brain...like B12 for example. And maybe, just maybe not everyone holds Jeff Porcaro in such high regard. He was a great drummer but I can't condone his habits...or any of the habits of Toto. And if you think they didn't have habits, you really need B12.
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
drum6282

Postby drum6282 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:32 am

This thread has become ridiculous - the whole forum used to be where I gain knowledge and shared enthusiasm for drumming. What happened? I'm from the south and I consider myself a Christian, but that doesn't make me a homophobic right wing evangelical. Honestly, I'm sick of the south getting that stereotype. Willyz, I'm not offended because I'm pretty sure you didn't think before typing that bullshit. So let's get back to drumming...oh yeah, go practice. That's how Shannon ended up with the chops and feel to get this gig - which he deserves.
Avi_drums

Postby Avi_drums » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:09 am

I'll never forget Trilok Gurtu with the John McLaughlin Trio...his Brady snare sounded killer...so I've always been intrigued by Brady drums.

drumdawg

Postby drumdawg » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

Beautiful kit, though I'll never understand how or why anyone would ever use a Pearl rack. IMO, it's the ugliest thing you could ever do to a drum set.
peace...
Patrick Tiglao

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:48 am

electrizer wrote:That's why I myself, for example, have just refrained from making any comments whatsoever on the topic, because this gig is so heavy-weight that whatever I say is just going to look stupid. I mean, c'mon, whoever gets to play with TOTO must be doing very well for himself. All the best to Shannon!

Re the comments, I remember back in the day there was a guy around him named Josiah and he was a bit of a shit-stirrer. I haven't seen him around for ages but maybe Gretsch-o-Rama is just trying to fill the vacuum ;)

kinkymook wrote:If I wanted that, I'd head over to the Pearl forum.

My thougths exactly :D

drum6282 wrote:This thread has become ridiculous - the whole forum used to be where I gain knowledge and shared enthusiasm for drumming. What happened? I'm from the south and I consider myself a Christian, but that doesn't make me a homophobic right wing evangelical. Honestly, I'm sick of the south getting that stereotype. Willyz, I'm not offended because I'm pretty sure you didn't think before typing that bullshit. So let's get back to drumming...oh yeah, go practice. That's how Shannon ended up with the chops and feel to get this gig - which he deserves.

I never post here anymore for the reason described above....I still get some good info out of here and news from time to time ,but most of time I see certain members(I know who they are and I sure you all do too.I have in the past also said some questionable things) spout their garbage about the the subject at hand.You also have some drummers here who clearly think too highly about themselves (despite having a very high facility on the instrument).....HOD used to be a sanctuary from the typical forum BS....But over the past several years it has become corrupted.

ON topic though....I dont mind the Pearl Rack. Jeff used one and made historical drumming with it....Hell I'm sure any of those heavy drummers could probably get a million dollar take out of a cb700 drumset...
There is nothing left to say.
willyz

Postby willyz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:51 am

For the record- I was purely using fire against fire, and I understand (and apologize) over any offense I may have caused. That being said, I've lived in the South for some time, and I'll just say a stereotype is a stereotype for a reason. I should have used more tact and brevity, perhaps, but can't condone the ignorance of someone using the word 'gay' in such a nature.

It's easy to let the internet get the best of you.

But, let's get back on topic:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e523AVbKB7I
[/youtube]

Let's hope we get some better quality footage from this tour!
Last edited by willyz on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got Blushda?

Return to “Drumming Chat”