Ultimate Play Alongs feat. Jojo Mayer, Stern, Patitucci

Andrew<3'sVinnie

Re: Ultimate Play Alongs feat. Jojo Mayer, Stern, Patitucci

Postby Andrew<3'sVinnie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:31 pm

This is a very cool and bold project. Amazing you two can find the time!

What do you envision for the future? Do you anticipate re-recording with star musicians and continuously growing the library?
LP drums

Re: Ultimate Play Alongs feat. Jojo Mayer, Stern, Patitucci

Postby LP drums » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:56 am

Yes, absolutely. We already have other big artists in the works and plan to broaden the array of styles covered. We have the standards packages which includes original melodies over common changes in various styles, which I think it much more interesting. Plus, we have an array of practice-specific packages including jam tracks in all 12 keys and drum solo vamps and loops. I am aiming to include all the things I wanted when I was growing up playing the drums...and stuff I still want now.

The app is going to be AMAZING and totally change the way people practice...especially drummers. We have no melody or harmony so practice can be boring...we need to play MUSIC and to do that you need other musicians. When other musicians aren't around and you want to PLAY then you have to resort to playing to records or the current play-along material, which for the most part, is pretty bad.

Return to “Drumming Chat”