Navene K

Rudy_Ment

Navene K

Postby Rudy_Ment » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Insanely good musician. :shock:

No drums no life, know drums know life...
electrizer

Re: Navene K

Postby electrizer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:58 am

The guy has chops and he's tight, but there is something that prevents me from enjoying this. The music is just a bunch of syncopated stuff and after some time it just blends together. No harmonies, no interesting chord progressions. Having said that, I know that Jojo does similar kind of stuff, but his music with Nerve is so much more diverse stylistically, not to mention his drumming on that stuff is much more interesting and advanced in terms of interdependence, grooves, orchestration, etc.

Sorry to rain on his parade, he's obviously very enthusiastic and trying his best, but to me it's just all the same. I think I've listened to enough electronic and experimental music in my life to be in a position to say this.
gretsch-o-rama

Re: Navene K

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:43 pm

I can appreciate the skill/talent that he's developed to play/program a live show and have it be somewhat professional...I personally think this direction in live music is uninteresting though, given that, to me, it's like the whole club is watching a man have a conversation with himself. I'm sure he's happy he doesn't have many other payouts after the gig...But to me, the whole point of a live show is a group of players reacting to what the others are doing. *shrug*
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.

Return to “Drumming Chat”