Vinnie with Richman/Laborial/Tavaglione DVD download!!!!!

Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie with Richman/Laborial/Tavaglione DVD download!!!!

Postby Steve Holmes » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm

chris perra wrote: I'm sure you talked with him that night did he give the vibe he disliked video cameras."

Why would you be sure of that? Of course I didn't talk to him about filming him.
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:06 am

I don't know.... It was before youtube was big. Maybe it wasn't a big deal back then. I was just assuming that you being a big fan of his might have had to opportunity to talk to him after the gig as it seemed like a more accessible gig. Love the video. I was just wondering if he was aware of it at the time as it looked like you had a great camera angle like the camera was in plain site that's all.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:39 am

I see.

I had some small exchanges with him at those gigs back then. One night he was super nice, giving folks hugs on the way out the door.

The camera was concealed in a bag. Back then making DVD"s were the rage and that was it. The intent was to keep these under wraps in case someone else had something to trade of the a same rarity. But of course we would make copies for close friends under the pretense of keeping them under wraps. There was a gathering of HoD folks in Anaheim at NAMM back then, I was not there. Copies were made and given and within a day the Mathisen DVD had gotten out and around. After that we knew the Richman stuff had to stay under lock and key. And so it has. Until now.
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 am

Nice undercover work .. The sound quality is killer for a camera.. Most digital cameras today suck. You really get the sense of the energy and vibe of the night from the recording.
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:20 am

Set 2 or bust!
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 pm

There was an external mic plugged into the camera. AN old Sony model, I can't find a pic of it believe it or not.

Return to “Drumming Chat”