Tony Wiliams DVD 30 Years of Solos Compilation is LIVE

matthughen

Re: Tony Wiliams DVD 30 Years of Solos Compilation is LIVE

Postby matthughen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm

drum6282 wrote:Forgive me, but I'm not sure exactly what to do with these files once downloaded - I signed up and downloaded the files. Then, I downloaded a free converter to transfer the VOB files to DV files and imported them into iMovie '08. Since they are pieced together, I don't think this will work as a typical dvd once I burn it so that why I'm posting a question here for you experts.

The IFO files - that makes the title menu work correct?

VOB files - do I need to merge them into one file for the menu to work?

Right now, I only have the VOB.DV files in sequence in iMovie '08. What needs to happen in order for me to burn and be able to watch on a normal dvd player?

Thank you again for this - unbelievable footage.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

When you finished the DL you should have a folder titled "Tony Williams Solos Compilation DVD" Inside of that folder should be several pics, an MD5 and a txt file as well as the VIDEO_TS folder. The entire VIDEO_TS folder should be burned onto a blank DVD and watched in any standard DVD player without problem and that will give you the full dvd architecture. If you are using Apple I would recommend Titanium Toast as your DVD burning software. I think you are using Apple because you mentioned iMovie. iMovie is definitely NOT anything to be used inside of this process. There is no need to convert to DV files. At no time do you need to mess with the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder individualy. That will only mess up the DVD architecture.

On PC I have no idea, but the concept of burning the VIDEO_TS folder to a blank DVD is the same regardless of platform.

Hope that helps.

here is a screen cap of Titanium Toast getting ready to burn the entire, unaltered, VIDEO_TS folder:
drum6282

Postby drum6282 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks - this helps a lot. Much easier than the way I was trying to do it - yes, it's on a mac. thanks again...excellent dvd.
Jelle

Postby Jelle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 am

If you don't have Roxio Toast (like me) you could use AquaISO to make a burnable disc image of a VIDEO_TS folder on a Mac:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquaiso/
Not sure if you will be able to burn this Tony Williams compilation on DVD-R as it is 4,69GB.
I usually just load the VIDEO_TS into DVD Player or VLC.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 am

I'm trying to sign up, but I don't know what write when it asked : Name a common bittorrent application

HELP !!! :D
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
deseipel

Postby deseipel » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:09 am

try "Azureus" or "Vuze", those are the ones I used to use.
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 am

Rodge wrote:I'm trying to sign up, but I don't know what write when it asked : Name a common bittorrent application

HELP !!! :D

"bittorrent"

Yea, the DVD is actually bigger then a DVD. I ran into that problem trying to burn it. Any suggestions? Are there some newer kind of DVD-R's out or something?
matthughen

Postby matthughen » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:34 am

The DVD was created using DVD Studio Pro and burned to a single layer, standard, 4.7gig, purple-back DVD-R. The VIDEO_TS file was extracted from the burned DVD-R and the torrent file was created from that.

Every bit of space was used for the 2.5 hours of (slightly compressed) video and the extensive motion-menu, however, it certainly cannot be bigger than a standard DVD-R as that is the source of the torrent file. I would recommend updating your burning software if you continue to have problems, or just watch it on your computer.

I am using Titanium Toast 6.0 (rather old) and have burned several copies of the existing VIDEO_TS file without issue. Hope you guys can find a work around! Good luck.
Last edited by matthughen on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:23 pm

How odd.. my DVD-R's must be really old! I was thinking, he must have burned it to make sure it works.

Thanks again Matt! Fantastic collection.

I had just made an image and mounted it to play it with no problems. Just amazing awesome collection.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks for your help guys, but, I don't even know how to download those gem... :-(

Help again, sorry...
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Miki C.

Postby Miki C. » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Rodge wrote:Thanks for your help guys, but, I don't even know how to download those gem... :-(

Help again, sorry...

x2 i need some help

Return to “Drumming Chat”